Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New washing machine delivered and it's broken

Options
  • 18-04-2013 11:11am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭

Just had a new washing machine (BEKO littlewoods) delivered today by DHL. We unpacked and realised the motor and it's frame were broken and lying on the floor of the machine. Has anyone had this happen recently. It looks like the machine was started previously.

We have waited 13 days for the machine to be delivered. Does anyone know how long it takes littlewoods to replace. They are saying 10 days.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭TonyStark

Just had a new washing machine (BEKO littlewoods) delivered today by DHL. We unpacked and realised the motor and it's frame were broken and lying on the floor of the machine. Has anyone had this happen recently. It looks like the machine was started previously.
    Presumably you can return it because the goods were not of merchantable quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,806 ✭✭✭Xcellor

. Does anyone know how long it takes littlewoods to replace. They are saying 10 days.

You answered your own question :)

I've had the same sh1t happen with LW. Got a dresser that was broken. They dispatched a new one before receiving the old one back. They could do that for you but I think they need to charge the card again and then you get refunded when faulty one gets back..

Worth a try did speed up things in my case.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,477 ✭✭✭skinny90

If it was me id push for a refund.Taking into consideration the type product that it is(i would assume that this is a necessity)and how long to
    1. get it delivered to your house and
    2.resolve the issue.
    Can you imagine if something were to happen a couple of months down the line. If it was a luxury product id have the patience to wait but then again thats just me.

Advertisement