Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Peoples Photography Expo 2013

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭stcstc

does anyone know when the info is being sent out to previous exhibitors, i know our camera club hasnt recived anything yet

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭pullandbang

Should be happening in the next day or so. The new website just went live at the weekend so it's all go from here on in....

www.peoplesphotography.ie

So the applications are open and so far from the Boards Brigade we have the following names;

Swingking
    picaaf
    homerun_homer
    sNarah
    TTWNF
    trooney
    Nebezpeci Mys
    Cork_Girl
    xia
    mikka631
    dakar

So next thing you've to do is fill in the application form and send the €25 to Peoples Photography, PO Box 12248, Dublin 22. Make sure to include your boards handle along with the fee.

Remember, no mon no fun!

So far, not so good.
    Haven't seen any completed applications or fees from any Boardsies. Remember, no mon no fun.

You need to pay to secure your place.

• Registered Users Posts: 819 ✭✭✭mikka631

Mine will be in the post on Monday:o, not missing out on this :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭homerun_homer

So far, not so good.
    Haven't seen any completed applications or fees from any Boardsies. Remember, no mon no fun.

You need to pay to secure your place.

Posting mine tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭TTWNF

yeah gonna put mine in tomorrow.... not sure if my photos are up to scratch after seeing the high quality stuff last year & the photos of the week here but sure feck it i will give it a go over the next month & try get some good stuff done. nothing like a deadline!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,068 ✭✭✭dakar

I'm afraid I won't be able to make it this year. Again :/

I'm not comfortable putting the money in an envelope so got a money order in the Post office but I'm trying to find out if there is a name I can put to it. Any idea?

Will be in the post once I know.

I'm not comfortable putting the money in an envelope so got a money order in the Post office but I'm trying to find out if there is a name I can put to it. Any idea?

Will be in the post once I know.

Make it out to "Peoples Photography"

• Advertisement

Make it out to "Peoples Photography"

See that's what I told the girl in the post office to do and she told me she needed a name. I only had the form I had to fill out and tried hurriedly to find out with my phone, but of course I couldn't get the pdf to load so sent out some messages.
    Shouldn't have listened to her.

It's in the post btw.

• Registered Users Posts: 819 ✭✭✭mikka631

Application form with PO for €25 sent today.
    Email sent.
    Excitement and Panic begins:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭xia

:(
    Looks like I was really badly in need of a holiday. It never clicked to me that that's the weekend following the 23rd August - and hence my parents 50th Anniversary. D'oh!
    I'm still cursing that I can't do both but have to give priority to my parents and their celebrations this year :-/

• Registered Users Posts: 8,122 ✭✭✭dinneenp

There you go Pa, get stuck in and do it yourself. We'd be more than happy to give you some pointers. Give some of us an excuse for a few days is Galway too! #PPG

The wheels are in motion, or at least I'm thinking about the wheels.
    I've contacted the Galway City Arts Office and also e-mailed some local TDs.

If anyone here could PM with with some pointers I'd appreciate it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,570 ✭✭✭sNarah

I'm going to have to pull out as well - no photo mojo and lack of motivation (I blame the new job...)

I will come over to visit though, promise!

So the up to date list is as follows;

Swingking
    picaaf
    homerun_homer
    TTWNF
    trooney
    Nebezpeci Mys
    Cork_Girl
    mikka631

and so far I've only received one payment and that's from mikka631

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Nebezpeci Mys

Ours will be sent early next week - sorry, Denis, bit all over the place these days.

So the up to date list is as follows;

Swingking
    picaaf
    homerun_homer
    TTWNF
    trooney
    Nebezpeci Mys
    Cork_Girl
    mikka631

and so far I've only received one payment and that's from mikka631

You were to receive payment? I thought we were to send in our applications as normal, as per your post?

I got my confirmation email to say that payment was received so you can count me down as being paid up.

You were to receive payment? I thought we were to send in our applications as normal, as per your post?

I got my confirmation email to say that payment was received so you can count me down as being paid up.

You got an email from me to confirm payment? Did you mention your boards handle on your application? What name did you sign up under? I'll have a look at the payments when I get home.

You got an email from me to confirm payment? Did you mention your boards handle on your application? What name did you sign up under? I'll have a look at the payments when I get home.

I got an email confirmation from Peoples Photography to say they received payment. On the form under Nickname I put my Boards user name and under Comments I wrote that I was entering as part of Boards.ie.

• Advertisement

So the updated list is a s follows;
    Swingking
    picaaf
    homerun_homer
    TTWNF
    trooney
    Nebezpeci Mys
    Cork_Girl
    mikka631

......with payment from mikka and HRH

Sorry homerun, I should really open the envelopes fully and read the whole form instead of peeping in the top.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭stcstc

Sorry homerun, I should really open the envelopes fully and read the whole form instead of peeping in the top.

ah i dunno such a half assed job :-))

• Registered Users Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭Tiriel

I'm sorry I haven't sent mine yet - I wasn't able to get to a post office this week :( I'll get it done either tomorrow or Monday!!

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭TTWNF

sent mine today.... soon come!

i just hope my photography is good enough to exhibit in public http://oneshotbeary.com

if anyone has any comments/advice/criticism i'm open to it! I've only been photographing less than a year but something like this is a way to push myself to become better and gain confidence in my ability!

TTWNF wrote: »
    sent mine today.... soon come!

i just hope my photography is good enough to exhibit in public http://oneshotbeary.com

if anyone has any comments/advice/criticism i'm open to it! I've only been photographing less than a year but something like this is a way to push myself to become better and gain confidence in my ability!

Got yours and sent you an e mail.

Any more boardsies want to sign up? Share a space with a friend maybe? Loads of time left and the more the merrier. Always great craic over the two days.

mikka631 wrote: »
    Application form with PO for €25 sent today.
    Email sent.
    Excitement and Panic begins:D:D

Ha ha, only just read your "Special Requirements" - :D

Hope you get them all.............:D

Got yours and sent you an e mail.

Any more boardsies want to sign up? Share a space with a friend maybe? Loads of time left and the more the merrier. Always great craic over the two days.

I've a friend who is interested in doing this but not sure if he's on Boards at all. If he does fill out the form is it possible to get him allocated with us?

I've a friend who is interested in doing this but not sure if he's on Boards at all. If he does fill out the form is it possible to get him allocated with us?

No problem whatsoever. Just get him to mention that he wants to be with you and I'll stick him in there.

The list of boards exhibitors so far is;

homerun_homer + 1 possibly
    TTWNF
    trooney
    Nebezpeci Mys
    mikka631

and the following have expressed a desire to exhibit but haven't formalised yet;

Swingking
    picaaf
    Cork_Girl

Plenty of spaces available for anyone else interested.
    Check out the website for more info...http://peoplesphotography.ie/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭Tiriel

I haven't sent the Postal order yet as work are threatening to steal my weekend - which may mean I can't take part. But I'll know by early next week - hopefully it won't interfere :(

Sorry!

Advertisement