Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Peoples Photography Expo 2013

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭pullandbang

So the updated list is a s follows;
    Swingking
    picaaf
    homerun_homer
    TTWNF
    trooney
    Nebezpeci Mys
    Cork_Girl
    mikka631

......with payment from mikka and HRH

Sorry homerun, I should really open the envelopes fully and read the whole form instead of peeping in the top.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭stcstc

Sorry homerun, I should really open the envelopes fully and read the whole form instead of peeping in the top.

ah i dunno such a half assed job :-))

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭Tiriel

I'm sorry I haven't sent mine yet - I wasn't able to get to a post office this week :( I'll get it done either tomorrow or Monday!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 221 ✭✭TTWNF

sent mine today.... soon come!

i just hope my photography is good enough to exhibit in public http://oneshotbeary.com

if anyone has any comments/advice/criticism i'm open to it! I've only been photographing less than a year but something like this is a way to push myself to become better and gain confidence in my ability!

TTWNF wrote: »
    sent mine today.... soon come!

i just hope my photography is good enough to exhibit in public http://oneshotbeary.com

if anyone has any comments/advice/criticism i'm open to it! I've only been photographing less than a year but something like this is a way to push myself to become better and gain confidence in my ability!

Got yours and sent you an e mail.

Any more boardsies want to sign up? Share a space with a friend maybe? Loads of time left and the more the merrier. Always great craic over the two days.

mikka631 wrote: »
    Application form with PO for €25 sent today.
    Email sent.
    Excitement and Panic begins:D:D

Ha ha, only just read your "Special Requirements" - :D

Hope you get them all.............:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,027 ✭✭✭homerun_homer

Got yours and sent you an e mail.

Any more boardsies want to sign up? Share a space with a friend maybe? Loads of time left and the more the merrier. Always great craic over the two days.

I've a friend who is interested in doing this but not sure if he's on Boards at all. If he does fill out the form is it possible to get him allocated with us?

I've a friend who is interested in doing this but not sure if he's on Boards at all. If he does fill out the form is it possible to get him allocated with us?

No problem whatsoever. Just get him to mention that he wants to be with you and I'll stick him in there.

The list of boards exhibitors so far is;

homerun_homer + 1 possibly
    TTWNF
    trooney
    Nebezpeci Mys
    mikka631

and the following have expressed a desire to exhibit but haven't formalised yet;

Swingking
    picaaf
    Cork_Girl

Plenty of spaces available for anyone else interested.
    Check out the website for more info...http://peoplesphotography.ie/

• Advertisement

I haven't sent the Postal order yet as work are threatening to steal my weekend - which may mean I can't take part. But I'll know by early next week - hopefully it won't interfere :(

Sorry!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

If I can get this sorted, I'll do it :)

Can I give you cash Denis?

The list of boards exhibitors so far is;

homerun_homer + 1 possibly
    TTWNF
    trooney
    Nebezpeci Mys
    mikka631

and the following have expressed a desire to exhibit but haven't formalised yet;

Swingking
    picaaf
    Cork_Girl

Plenty of spaces available for anyone else interested.
    Check out the website for more info...http://peoplesphotography.ie/

PM sent with friend details.

Tallon wrote: »

Can I give you cash Denis?

Yes if you can get it to me before the event - Charleville?

• Registered Users Posts: 10 PaleHorse

It's coming round to that time of year again and time to get your thinking caps on. The end of August will see the 26th annual Peoples Photography Exhibition on Stephen's Green and once again we're looking to see who is interested in taking part from Boards.

I'm not looking for names just yet and this is just a gentle reminder. Now is the time to think about what you might show or maybe get out and take some shots. As usual the exhibition will be the last weekend in August and should cost the same as last year - €20 I think.

Are amateurs welcome? I'm interested but I only have five or six "abstract" photos I could think of exhibiting?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

PaleHorse wrote: »
    Are amateurs welcome? I'm interested but I only have five or six "abstract" photos I could think of exhibiting?
    Absolutely! I am only an amateur too :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭xia

It's acutally mainly geared towards amateurs :) An affordable way of seeing how people like your work. And seeing your pictures printed is quite some difference to just seeing them on screen.

Are amateurs welcome?

We're all amateurs here (well apart from the odd Pro) but Peoples Photography is just that - Peoples Photography. it belongs to the people and most of the exhibitors are amateurs, some with the aspiration of becoming pro!

We're all amateurs here (well apart from the odd Pro) but Peoples Photography is just that - Peoples Photography. it belongs to the people and most of the exhibitors are amateurs, some with the aspiration of becoming pro!

Nice one! I'll send the application in on Monday, so! Thank you.

So anyone else want to sign up? Go on, it's great craic! Plenty of time left.
    If you think you don't have enough to show, then why not share a space with someone else?

I'm afraid I am out :(

But.. the boy might take my space. I printed the form and put it in his hand this morning - so from there it's in his hands, literally!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭darraghsherwin

Hi,

The Irish Photographic Federation will be there at the weekend with some of the top images from camera club competitions from this year and some images from 2012 world cup winning panel.

1064__320x240_ccg_colour_10_mosullivan_fairy_princess.jpg

Gold medal winner at the Club Finals 2013 - Fairy Princess by Michael O'Sullivan, Cork Camera Group

We are looking forward to seeing you all on the 24/25th

Regards
    Darragh Sherwin
    Irish Photographic Federation PRO
    http://irishphoto.ie
    https://www.facebook.com/irishphotofederation
    https://twitter.com/#!/irish_photo
    http://www.flickr.com/groups/irishphoto/

♪ It's the final countdown ♫

August is here and Peoples Photography is not far away now.......

Agh, I'm trying to figure out the best place to get my photos printed and card mounted (or sort them out from seperate vendors if necessary). Suggestions welcome. I know loads of people recommend 360dpi but he is on holidays so I can't get a quote. Any other suggestions?

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭picaaf

have heard good things about

http://fire.ie/printing/

picaaf wrote: »
    have heard good things about

http://fire.ie/printing/

A friend mentioned them to me but had this to say
    They would always be my first choice for fine art prints but that is for like large scale exhibition standard. But they are CRAZY expensive so I think for this they wouldn't be right.

Yes you can get a quote :-)

Send me a msg and will sort

stcstc wrote: »
    Yes you can get a quote :-)

Send me a msg and will sort

Cheers, sent you details.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭superflyninja

hope it goes well!!! some year I might even get to do it!

The allocations have been published and it seems the boardsies have been moved around the corner to the Northside.

http://peoplesphotography.ie/?page_id=353

I'm 106 and the friend I asked to be added is 109, would any of the 2 boardsies in between us mind swapping spots or do I mail the PP13 people to make a change?

• Advertisement

Just swap away amongst yourselves.

I'm 106 and the friend I asked to be added is 109, would any of the 2 boardsies in between us mind swapping spots or do I mail the PP13 people to make a change?

JJdubya is 110 - he will swap with you no problem - I'll let him know :)

I got an email saying I'd be put with the Boards group but I'm not anywhere on the list. Should I be worried? :/

I got an email saying I'd be put with the Boards group but I'm not anywhere on the list. Should I be worried? :/

Just reply to the mail and I'll get you changed if you want.

Just home now and looking back through emails - who are you? You didn't put your name down on this thread as wanting to exhibit with boards and the only one I can find who was interested is another boardsie - not you.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 flyer2oo8

Hi,

Where is the break at gate 3 on the green?

flyer2oo8 wrote: »
    Hi,

Where is the break at gate 3 on the green?

As you walk East along the Northside there are three gates so No.3 would be the third one you encounter. The breaks are free space on either side of the gates as required by the OPW.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 221 ✭✭TTWNF

Hi guys,

i've just found out that i can't make it next weekend so my spot is going free. If someone wants to take it maybe send me a PM & i can give you the details.

Hi,

Which spaces are the board members occupying at the weekend?

http://peoplesphotography.ie/?page_id=353

Boards are towards the end of the Northside if not the very end as I think this list has been tweaked further in the past couple of days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,723 ✭✭✭Adrian.Sadlier

Less than 36 hours to go and I have 25 pictures printed - but I have to mount them yet and they are all custom sizes - I might be using some old stuff yet!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 827 ✭✭✭Jonnykitedude

Boo looks like I wont be able to attend this year!

Was looking forward in catching up....oh and displaying my mediocre images.

Enjoy and I'll see you at the boards photobook launch cough cough Tracy :)

My mounts have caused me a little trouble. I used double sided stickey tape as instructed but they are all coming loose. I would have thought having them stacked, building up pressure and weight would have made them stronger. Gonna have to come up with something last minute to make sure they don't come apart while on display.

Suggestions welcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭positivenote

HI all,
    just wondering what time this is kicking off at tomorrow? I was part of it myself a few years back and its a good day for all concerned and great to see the wonderful work that is being done by not just those from boards.
    I will be going around each of the exhibitors tomorrow hoping to get people to fill out a short questionnaire as part of some PhD research im doing in to peoples attitudes towards photographers, it would be great if anyone there tomorrow could help me by taking the time to complete it as it will only take 5mins.
    anyway the best of luck to everyone
    Glenn

www.glenndoyle.com (research is detailed here)

My mounts have caused me a little trouble. I used double sided stickey tape as instructed but they are all coming loose. I would have thought having them stacked, building up pressure and weight would have made them stronger. Gonna have to come up with something last minute to make sure they don't come apart while on display.

Suggestions welcome.

Pritt Stick? Paper Glue?

Suggestions welcome.

double sided should be fine

sounds liek either rubbish tape or not enough pressure

if it doesnt hold you can always run a very small bead of PVA glue around near the outside edge

• Advertisement

Yeah it was the only double sided sticky tape in Easons (not including the tiny, thin one they had on a spool that would only work with xmas presents) and it must be crap. It's odd as it's still sticky when the mount comes off the board. I'll stick some added glue around as you say to make it stick better.

What is the story with parking? It doesn't look like it is possible to actually park along the road by your space and parking for the whole day else where will be damn expensive too..!!

Well that's day one over and what a great one it was. Here's to day two!

Any Sunday parking recommendations?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭pixbyjohn

Any Sunday parking recommendations?
    Parking on a Sunday won't be a problem at the time you arrive.

• Advertisement
Advertisement