Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Place to study Dublin Central/South

Options
  • 18-04-2013 11:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Can anyone recommend a library or quiet place with free wifi to study in Dublin city centre or south side?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭La_Gordy

Ilac centre library. It can be a bit busy so bring headphones to drown out the volume!

• Registered Users Posts: 5 nancy1979

Looking for somewhere very quiet as I find it hard to concentrate with headphones..
    Anyone else got any advice?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,311 ✭✭✭markpb

If you know a friend in TCD or UCD, perhaps they could point you in the direction of an unused lecture hall or you might be able to join their libraries as a member of the public. Alternatively some of the public libraries may have quiet areas, I'm not sure about that.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

Try DBS. They have a great library to study in. Bit busy at this time of year, but in general it is a quiet atmosphere. You might be able to join it if your not studying. Ring them +353 (0) 1 4177500 and find out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭bluefinger

nancy1979 wrote: »
    Looking for somewhere very quiet as I find it hard to concentrate with headphones..
    Anyone else got any advice?

Any of the libraries except ILAC will be fairly quiet. Kevin Street, Pearse Street would be good i think. Some will have a reference room that is sealed off from the main building also. It's probably out of your way but Dolphins Barn library can be deathly silent in the reference room. National Library on Kildare street has 'reading rooms' too. You might need a membership but I don't think they charge at all or if so it's not much. http://www.nli.ie/en/readers-tickets.aspx

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 hurlo83

Pearse Street have a quiet room. You need to bring I.D with you to join but it's great. Free too.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,967 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Moved from Work and Jobs.

Advertisement