Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Uniquely Dublin

Options
  • 18-04-2013 11:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭

166727_514384758618217_1616599848_n.jpg

Hi all,

At the tailend of 2012 the Uniquely Dublin competition (run by Tourism Ireland and Dublin City Council) asked the following questions: What’s so special about Dublin? And how should the capital be promoted? Have you got what it takes to re-assert Dublin’s identity? They asked for people to show them something that surprised and delighted them, to make them look at Dublin with fresh eyes. I entered the above image and it has made the final shortlist.

For me- Dublin’s cityscape is something that has fascinated since I moved here. Some personal projects I had been working on involved combining the outline of the streets and waterways of Dublin, and I figured there was scope to combine that aesthetic with the cultural recognition that goes along with the classic I HEART NY motif by Milton Glaser. I also took the opportunity to add a little more depth by combining the graphic with one of my favourite Joyce quotes.

I'd love to hear some critique on my design. It's a bit late for the contest entry as it's already submitted- but this style is very much something I would like to continue with in the future so any feedback would be welcomed!

Obviously I'm also posting this thread to try and drum up some interest and support in the Uniquely Dublin contest. There are lots of great pieces on the shortlist and you get to vote for your favourite, if you do think mine is worth of your vote then that would be much appreciated.

Thanks for your time!

Advertisement