Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Another tragic loss of life

• 18-04-2013 12:24pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭

From www.Newstalk.ie
    Man's body found in River Shannon
    Search and rescue teams are now trying to recover the remains, seen floating near Howley's Quay in Limerick

Search and rescue crews are attempting to recover the body of a man seen floating on the River Shannon in Limerick.

The body was seen near St. Michael's Rowing Club near Howley's Quay at around 11:20am this morning.

It is believed a man had entered the water shortly beforehand.

The Shannon-based search and rescue helicopter, an ambulance, gardai, and members of Limerick Marine Search and Rescue are attending the scene.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭SoCo2009

Always shocking to hear but it happens way, way way too much. RIP and my heart goes out to his family and friends who will have to cope with this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 983 ✭✭✭daveob007

happening a lot lately,that helicopter seems to be around at least once a week.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 mnstlj

I was passing that way this morning and saw the search ...all i can say is fair play to all those involved in the rescue .not easy with the high winds and choppy waters ..RESPECT.

Advertisement