Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Interest Only request refusal

Options
  • 18-04-2013 12:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23

Hi, I took out a mortgage with KBC. The mortgage contract stated that I had a 24 month period where I could pay interest only during any stage of the mortgage. There is a rumour that we may be made redundant soon. I rang the bank asking to avail of the interest only option for a period. They asked me why and foolishly I stated that I may be made redundant soon. They stated that changing the mortgage to interest only is not an option for a redundancy senario. He said if I had said that I needed it because I wanted to go on holiday then it would be no problem but he reminded me that the call was being recorded.
    They requested me to fill out a financial statement and send it in to them but I said what is the point if I can currently meet the mortgage repayments. I am wary of filling it out as there is a lot of information to fill out.
    I was wondering if anybody could advise me what is the best way to backtrack from my redundancy statement?
    Should I state that it has been confirmed that my job is secure and I want to save money to buy another property?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Anyone

Why would you lie on the Financial Statement? Its going to look bad on you if you actually ever do need assistance on the mortgage.

My own opinion is leave it, you are currently employed and able to service the mortgage. Dont do anything until that changes, especially not based on a rumor.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

I was wondering if anybody could advise me what is the best way to backtrack from my redundancy statement?

No we can't. Please read the forum charter before posting again

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement