Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gas

Options
  • 18-04-2013 1:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭

So, I turned vegan a couple of weeks ago. I was feeling brilliant up until Monday. Since then I have been bloated, and having lots of gas. Terrible, terrible, rotten stuff hahaha. It's awful.

Anyway, I'm just wondering if any of you have experienced this? Will this pass once my body gets used to the new diet, or will I be left being a stinker for the rest of my life? :o

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 738 ✭✭✭crazy cabbage

I remember for about a week after i became vegaterian i was farting like a trooper. It stoped once i got used to the new diet. I would say it will pass in a cuple of days. Or atleast it did for me

Did you eat something different?

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭StevoTG

As Moonbaby asked, did you eat something different?

I'm guessing it's most likely that you've either eaten something new that doesn't agree with you or that you're just adjusting to your new diet.

I remember not being able to handle peppers well for a while after turning vegan. Killed my stomach, but it's fine now. Also, I introduced broccoli to my diet, and my stomach wasn't keen on that at all for a while, with gassy and uncomfortable consequences.. these days I could eat the stuff seven days a week!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭[-0-]

I don't think I introduced anything different but I think I ate more chick peas than before.

Either way, it has been fine for the past two days. :)

Advertisement