Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Light not working

Options
  • 18-04-2013 1:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭

The light in my Utility room is not working.there is nothing Tripped. All other lights in the house are working fine.i tried putting a new bulb in still nothing.any help would be Appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

did you try a bulb that you have confirmed works? not just a new one from the packet, i.e one from the working light in the room beside it?

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Mr Guinness.

Stoner wrote: »
    did you try a bulb that you have confirmed works? not just a new one from the packet, i.e one from the working light in the room beside it?

Ya tried one from another room.still nothing.i took of the switch on the wall to see if a wire was loose or broke off.that was all ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭bongomad

Bulb holder? I've seen one of the 2 pins stay up especially if the bulb was in a long lime worth a look

• Registered Users Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭Cerco

bongomad wrote: »
    Bulb holder? I've seen one of the 2 pins stay up especially if the bulb was in a long lime worth a look

Not to be a smart arse but make sure you knock off the power first. It is very easy to instinctively poke your finger into a bulb holder when inspecting it. You see a pin retracted and go for a quick fix without thinking.

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭bongomad

Cerco wrote: »
    Not to be a smart arse but make sure you knock off the power first. It is very easy to instinctively poke your finger into a bulb holder when inspecting it. You see a pin retracted and go for a quick fix without thinking.

I wasn't telling him to poke his finger in it a bit of common sense would apply he can visually check it

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,381 ✭✭✭Doom

Power off, open plastic just above bulb, by twisting it, check for loose wires, use a small insulated flat head screwdriver to tighten any.
    Check the ceiling mounted plastic area, by twisting this off too, follow same procedure.
    Remember to turn OFF power fully, the neutral can give a small shock too,( blue wire)

All else fails call a Sparky

Advertisement