Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Credit Rating UK

Options
  • 18-04-2013 1:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭

Hi there,

Hoping someone might be able to help me!

Basically my UK credit rating is in the toilet due to a student credit card.

I live in Dublin now but I'm from the north and hence the above.

I'm starting a job just outside London and am investigating the possibility of a loan to get started, deposits and things for accomodation. I should point out that I am fully committed to paying it all back, I had a 5 year loan with AIB that was paid back within 2 and a half years, but the credit card did cause a few problems purely because I kept forgetting to transfer money to the account to meet the monthly payments.

Given this was associated with a student account will this remain on my record when I upgrade to a graduate account and how long will it take before my credit rating comes up a bit?

I'm fairly annoyed at myself over it, I'm only 22 :(

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,814 ✭✭✭dobsdave

misslt wrote: »
    Hi there,

Hoping someone might be able to help me!

Basically my UK credit rating is in the toilet due to a student credit card.

I live in Dublin now but I'm from the north and hence the above.

I'm starting a job just outside London and am investigating the possibility of a loan to get started, deposits and things for accomodation. I should point out that I am fully committed to paying it all back, I had a 5 year loan with AIB that was paid back within 2 and a half years, but the credit card did cause a few problems purely because I kept forgetting to transfer money to the account to meet the monthly payments.

Given this was associated with a student account will this remain on my record when I upgrade to a graduate account and how long will it take before my credit rating comes up a bit?

I'm fairly annoyed at myself over it, I'm only 22 :(

I'm not sure why you mention the AIB loan? but you will only recover your UK rating when you are up to date on the student card you mention.
    Best bet is to request a credit report from the UK to see where you stand.
    Pay back the card as soon as possible obviously.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭misslt

dobsdave wrote: »
    I'm not sure why you mention the AIB loan? but you will only recover your UK rating when you are up to date on the student card you mention.
    Best bet is to request a credit report from the UK to see where you stand.
    Pay back the card as soon as possible obviously.

I mentioned it to show I'm not a total nutter that doesn't have any regard for her debts I guess :)

Yeah I will, I have an appointment with my bank in the next few weeks so hopefully will be able to sort something out then!

Thanks!

Advertisement