Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Review thread for the new pass the parcel.

Options
  • 18-04-2013 2:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 877 ✭✭✭

Seeing as we will all be sampling the same juices, how about this thread for reviews on the parcel liquids only?

One post, per user, per box. With quick reviews of what they thought of each liquid?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭Rattleshakes

jamie72 wrote: »
    Seeing as we will all be sampling the same juices, how about this thread for reviews on the parcel liquids only?

One post, per user, per box. With quick reviews of what they thought of each liquid?

You've lost me jamie.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

When you get the box, review the juices.
    Jamie's dream of an eliquid review section is not materialising, but he yearns deeply. Please give him his dream.

• Registered Users Posts: 877 ✭✭✭jamie72

grindle wrote: »
    When you get the box, review the juices.
    Jamie's dream of an eliquid review section is not materialising, but he yearns deeply. Please give him his dream.

:D

I think its a damn fine idea.

...god damn it!

• Advertisement

If I had like 40 euro to spare, id just build a review website for juices. None of the free soloutions I checked where worth trying. Too much invasive bull****.

Even Wordpress?

I want to build a proper review system, something like amazons that organises on how helpful the reviews are, but it in a really standard format, with sections on vapour, taste etc..

Anything I can get that allows you to build a proper database website, isn't available.

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭StickyIcky

I want to build a proper review system, something like amazons that organises on how helpful the reviews are, but it in a really standard format, with sections on vapour, taste etc..

Anything I can get that allows you to build a proper database website, isn't available.

WordPress plugins?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭face1990

Jamie, I'm sure you'd be able to find and/or tweak a wordpress plugin to do that.

What do you have in mind? A page/section for each juice, reviews with standard sections & ratings for taste, vapour, etc., and then a user-rating system for the reviews?

• Advertisement

face1990 wrote: »
    Jamie, I'm sure you'd be able to find and/or tweak a wordpress plugin to do that.

What do you have in mind? A page/section for each juice, reviews with standard sections & ratings for taste, vapour, etc., and then a user-rating system for the reviews?

Face and I and hopefully maybe someone else can combine our collective genious and help you out.

It's my birthday, so I'm spending this weekend intoxicated. I'll have a look at word press next week :)

Happy birthday Jamie!

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭face1990

I've limited experience with wordpress but I'd be happy to help out, there's a definite niche in the market for it!

(Happy 420/birthday!)

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭craiclad

If you guys do this you should definitely try and incorporate a search by vendor feature...

craiclad wrote: »
    If you guys do this you should definitely try and incorporate a search by vendor feature...

Explain

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭craiclad

StickyIcky wrote: »
    Explain

Well, when you order E-Liquid you generally buy several from the same vendor (unless you're ordering from somewhere like ESI, I usually buy my liquids straight from the source). Having a search by vendor option would help people find a vendor, see whether they're good, and then see which flavors are hit and which ones are miss.
    Personally I find it really difficult to browse around pages and pages of individual juices, only to see that the vendor I'm looking for isn't even covered. Something like the vaporrater site would be awesome if people could add their own reviews.

Edit: By vendor I mean the company who actually makes the juice, not the particular company that stocks and resells them.

I want to make the whole list searchable and have the ability to be organised in whatever way the user wants. So yes, organise by vendor will be selectable.

• Advertisement

I'm spending this weekend intoxicated.
    I want to make the whole list searchable and have the ability to be organised in whatever way the user wants. So yes, organise by vendor will be selectable.
    You're not intoxicated at ALL!!!

Way too well-spelt. Too much grammar.

Have a good birthday?

I'm pissed, just back from the pub. I spent a lot of time on Reddit, so I've gotten used to using spell check. My birthday is technically tomorrow, but I headed out tonight as all my friends have jobs, decent night, good few free drinks :p

EDIT: oh, can't find my IGO-L and I want to try this thai tea stuff.

all my friends have jobs

Livin' the dreeeeeam.

It's horrible. My mate gets 188 euro a week from the dole since he finished secondary. I can only get 140 a week because I worked for six years and earned less than 350 euro a week during that period.

I literally couldn't buy food on Thursday and Friday.

It's horrible. My mate gets 188 euro a week from the dole since he finished secondary. I can only get 140 a week because I worked for six years and earned less than 350 euro a week during that period.

I literally couldn't buy food on Thursday and Friday.

Stop. Ruining. My. Perceptions.....

tumblr_mgmnxhBwWD1rscbg5o1_500.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭SicklySweet

I do web design if you need a hand Jamie! Happy Birthday :)

I do web design if you need a hand Jamie! Happy Birthday :)

I'm also keen to lend a hand. Are you able to slice PSD to WordPress tempates, say responsive genesis child themes like bones?

Advertisement