Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good Pubs in Dublin 8

Options
  • 18-04-2013 2:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭

Just moved to Cork St area from down d'country. Any decent watering holes in Dublin 8?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

sorry OP, I can't think of a single one. Patrick St. would have a couple but you're practically in "town" at that stage so you may as well continue a bit further on

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭gigtown

More looking for a local really. Thanks all the same.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭du Maurier

Just by Cork Street, more specifically by Francis Street junction is Fallons. It's a pretty decent pub imo, very small, old decor(not one for tvs - although they have one which might be turned on for a very big sporting occasion) which gives it a lot of character. The barman is a very nice fella and tries to make you feel welcome. It gets a pretty decent crowd at the weekend. I'd recommend it. There aren't a lot to choose from in this area.

Yes Fallons is nearby. Looks fantastic. Thank you! Does seem to be slim pickings in the area alright.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭du Maurier

I'm fond of it, not least that it serves Murphys :). Not many places serve it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭liffeylite

Thomas street is D8.

There are quite a few places along there OP. Take a wander down.
    the clock, the Thomas house, the little green bar, lord Edward etc.

Also, take a walk left as you head into town off thomas street and down bridge street. there are two great pubs, the brazen head and Osheas merchant.

if you like foreign beers, there is a polish pub on the river called pifko that is cool.

I forgot to mention Arthurs too! seems very popular nowadays :)

The Little Green Bar looks CLASS. And chances are I'd never have even heard of it not for this so thanks very much!

no problem sir!

enjoy. there is a German beer hall place in Christchurch, just across from the little green bar called the bull and castle. that may also be of interest of you.

if you like the little green, check out the garage and the bison bar in temple bar, also sin e just over the river from temple bar on the north quays.

You would also probably like the Thomas house on Thomas street, as mentioned earlier.

Not all of these are D8 but they are all only a 5-10 min walk from the little green.

Advertisement