Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to get Pastrami? Dublin

Options
  • 18-04-2013 3:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

I've been searching high and low for some Pastrami and various other Italian American deli style cured meats but I've had no luck to date.

Any help on where to find this would be great as I have a serious craving for a Reuben with good Pastrami!

Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

I don't know if it's 'good' because I've never had pastrami from anything other than a plastic packet but I've gotten pastrami from Tesco & Aldi before. Aldi was a year ago but have gotten pastrami in Tesco on Baggot Street in the last 3 months

042%5C5051399152042%5CIDShot_225x225.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭Chronic Button

You can also buy Pastrami in Marks and Spencer

• Registered Users Posts: 8,427 ✭✭✭Morag

• Registered Users Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭Gyalist

carlos198 wrote: »
    I've been searching high and low for some Pastrami and various other Italian American deli style cured meats but I've had no luck to date.

Any help on where to find this would be great as I have a serious craving for a Reuben with good Pastrami!

Cheers

Pastrami, despite the Italian sounding name is Jewish rather than Italian.
    Anyway, if it's a Reuben you're after, the best I've had in Ireland is from Itsa, with Magill's on Clarendon Street in second place. If it's just the pastrami that you want, again, Magill's is your best bet (they'd also have all the other Italian-American deli meats}. Fallon & Byrne also sell pastrami. There's also an Italian shop in the Quartier Bloom that stocks a large range of cured meats, but the hidden gem of them all is The Best of Italy in Ranelagh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭Reindeer

Gyalist wrote: »
    Pastrami, despite the Italian sounding name is Jewish rather than Italian.
    Anyway, if it's a Reuben you're after, the best I've had in Ireland is from Itsa, with Magill's on Clarendon Street in second place. If it's just the pastrami that you want, again, Magill's is your best bet (they'd also have all the other Italian-American deli meats}. Fallon & Byrne also sell pastrami. There's also an Italian shop in the Quartier Bloom that stocks a large range of cured meats, but the hidden gem of them all is The Best of Italy in Ranelagh.

Thanks for the great info! So now then - where does one get a good loaf of light rye bread? I look forwards to making me another one of these, only in Ireland now:

large.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 carlos198

Thanks a million guys, will check them out and give feedback

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Hootanany

Reindeer wrote: »
    Thanks for the great info! So now then - where does one get a good loaf of light rye bread? I look forwards to making me another one of these, only in Ireland now:

large.jpg

Is that a Ruebin.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭huskerdu

Reindeer wrote: »
    Thanks for the great info! So now then - where does one get a good loaf of light rye bread?

First port of call should be the bretzel.

http://www.bretzel.ie/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,332 ✭✭✭valleyoftheunos

Not being one to gloat but felt I had to post this pic of the astounding Reuben I had in New York last December. It was everything I had hoped for!

250778.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 13,481 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Feck, they make a good sammich.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭Chronic Button

I was in M&S today in the ready-made sandwich department and they were selling pastrami on rye with pickle...I'm not saying it's an authentic reuben or anything but they're there, FYI.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Had a Reuben in Kai yesterday, really good.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭brick tamland

I was in M&S today in the ready-made sandwich department and they were selling pastrami on rye with pickle...I'm not saying it's an authentic reuben or anything but they're there, FYI.

I've had this and its very pricey for what you get. The Pastrami in Pig and Heifer is great. Love the Ruben sandwiches in there. Not sure if they'll just sell you the meat though

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Andre B.

The best Reuben in Dublin the Pig and Heifer. I think they were the first deli in Dublin to have it, is their trademark.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 LostOutForeign

They do a pretty good Reuben in Dublin City Food - it's a new place across from Nando's just up from South William Street. They're fairly generous on the pastrami and it even comes with the pickle on the side! I think they call it the Rialto (all their sandwiches are named after places in Dublin).

Advertisement