Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rhino Poachers at large in DCN

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

Saw that on BBC news. 500K!!! Serious moola.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

I heard that on the news! I didn't even know the national museum archives were in Swords.
    Sounds like they knew exactly where to find what they were after.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭martinn123

Beats ''Stolen Bin tags'' by a long shot.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 2,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Morpheus

lets see...

rhino horns originally located in national museum - which has major security and is close to multiple police stations.

its moved to swords

to a warehouse

with ONE UNARMED SECURITY GUARD??????

Eh... f**k you ireland, you need to COP THE F**K ON.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭T-Maxx

Where is this building?? I live in Swords and didn't know about it until now!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 655 ✭✭✭hyperborean

Its not like we didnt know that we had our own home grown gang of Rhino horn smugglers/thieves,

http://www.irishexaminer.com/ireland/traveller-gang-targeted-over-stolen-rhino-horns-193541.html

The smallest bit of cop on would have resulted in these being stored elsewhere. But cop on is a commodity we are running short of lately

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 2,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Morpheus

In the United States, it is illegal to sell most types of rhino horns across state lines and none may be imported or exported without a special permit.

The maximum penalties are a $250,000 fine and five years in prison for conspiracy and trafficking of endangered species, and $100,000 and one year in prison for violating the Endangered Species Act.

Anyone know what the law / sentence is here?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

T-Maxx wrote: »
    Where is this building?? I live in Swords and didn't know about it until now!

I never knew either, but apparently it's in the old Motorola building http://www.irishmuseums.org/event/35

Isn't that mostly glass?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭martinn123

Morpheus wrote: »
    Anyone know what the law / sentence is here?

Don't Know.....Let's set up a Tribunal

• Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭T-Maxx

I never knew either, but apparently it's in the old Motorola building http://www.irishmuseums.org/event/35

Isn't that mostly glass?

Oh yeah I remember it as the Celestica plant.

• Advertisement
Advertisement