Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

VHI Kilkenny

• 18-04-2013 5:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭

I have an interview with VHI in Kilkenny. Can anyone tell me what they are like as an employer?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,597 ✭✭✭emeldc

If you're good at what you do then I'm sure they'll be fine as an employer. Concentrate on selling yourself as best you can. Research questions that might be asked so you are not stuck for answeres. After you get the job :cool: you can always turn it down if it's not for you. Best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Jester144

I need not worry. I made a hames of that one! More chance of sneezing in the Queen's handbag than getting a job offer after my ****e performance!

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭LadyBetty

Sorry to hear that Jester144 :( Can I just ask where do VHI advertise vacancies? They are showing "no vacancies" on their own website, can't find anything on the usual job websites (Irish Jobs, Monster etc).

LadyBetty wrote: »
    Sorry to hear that Jester144 :( Can I just ask where do VHI advertise vacancies? They are showing "no vacancies" on their own website, can't find anything on the usual job websites (Irish Jobs, Monster etc).

They advertise on their own website when vacancies come up, and they also use an agency. Once you have applied through the website, you cannot apply again through the agency. Check once a week on the vhi jobs page, they frequently look for staff, but they have very short windows within which to apply. They also advertise in the Kilkenny People.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,515 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Jester144 wrote: »
    I need not worry. I made a hames of that one! More chance of sneezing in the Queen's handbag than getting a job offer after my ****e performance!

I wouldn't worry, you may still hear from them,

I made a complete feck of my interview with them a few years back, when they asked did I know all the different plans I actually cracked a joke about them that went down like the Titanic. In reality I wasn't pushed as already had secured a job but went to interview for experience.

Two months later they offered me a job after turning me down at first via letter, I didn't take it as already had a full time job at that stage.

• Advertisement

Cabaal wrote: »
    I wouldn't worry, you may still hear from them,

I made a complete feck of my interview with them a few years back, when they asked did I know all the different plans I actually cracked a joke about them that went down like the Titanic. In reality I wasn't pushed as already had secured a job but went to interview for experience.

Two months later they offered me a job after turning me down at first via letter, I didn't take it as already had a full time job at that stage.

Ah thanks for the reassurance....I got such an attack of nerves that the interviewer was actually answering the questions for me!!! LOL!!! :o

Thanks Jester144 I will keep a closer eye on their site. Fingers crossed you hear back from them, you never know!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭looder

Jester144 wrote: »
    I have an interview with VHI in Kilkenny. Can anyone tell me what they are like as an employer?

You haven't missed much.

It's a call centre where you're dealing with calls of a personal nature so it's tough at the best of times.

Pay & other employees are great there though but money is worth **** all if you're not happy in your job.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 stanka

Does anyone knows what working hours they have in the call center?

The working hours are between 8am and 8pm and you are expected to work one saturday in 4 (9am till 3pm)

If you work the saturday you get a day off in the week. As for the weekday shifts, you would work say 8am till 4pm or 12pm till 8pm, on a rolling shift pattern which is given to you 12 weeks in advance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 stanka

Thanks very much.
    They seem to have much staff turnover. I assume the shifts are factor here. Can anybody say more about working for VHI as managers attitude or anything else from the kitchen?

This week's Kilkenny People announced 50 new jobs in VHI Kilkenny, it states VHI has started advertising the roles but I cannot find this anywhere.

Does anyone know where they are advertising, what agency they use etc? Nothing on their website bar one job that has been there for ages.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,497 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Personally I think this is a PR stunt, they are always hiring people there, often short term contracts etc.
    It said in the papaer they have purchased the old NN Euroball facility and converting that to offices in the Purcellsinch Ind Estate so maybe I'm being a tad too cynical.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭cargo

road_high wrote: »
    Personally I think this is a PR stunt, they are always hiring people there, often short term contracts etc.
    It said in the papaer they have purchased the old NN Euroball facility and converting that to offices in the Purcellsinch Ind Estate so maybe I'm being a tad too cynical.

Dont know about the new jobs but the purchase and fitout of the building behind them bit is true so I would assume they will need a few more bodies to put that space to work.

Bumping this thread as still holding out hope of hearing about these 50 jobs! Nothing on the VHI website since.
    Can anyone confirm if the Kilkenny operation is just a call centre, or are there other functions there like finance, HR etc?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 453 ✭✭nuttz

Regarding other functions, everyone working in HR there who are on LinkedIn seem to have worked on the floor before working in HR, so they seem to fill those jobs internally. There are also some IT functions split between Kilkenny and Dublin. Speaking with some recruitment agencies, they seem particularly fussy about who they hire for IT jobs. I think they mainly dealt with Hartley People last year, so if you see IT jobs with that agency for Kilkenny chances are they are for the VHI. I'd advise avoiding recruitment agencies. I suspect they go through agencies for most jobs, as they have very little jobs advertised on their site.
    I suspect the 50 jobs is part of a PR stunt, it's common for companies to do so, especially when they are getting grants, etc.

The jobs are advertised on their website today, they are contract & looks like call-centre only so that's no good to me sadly, might help someone else out there:

http://www.talentpack.com/Applicant/JobWidget/Details/jznhbHrpV_qg1ua-rWWrkbpP/Ugn7i1SFGD_WqbLAwf_8bG_A?sid=Job%20Widget

LadyBetty wrote: »
    The jobs are advertised on their website today, they are contract & looks like call-centre only so that's no good to me sadly, might help someone else out there:

http://www.talentpack.com/Applicant/JobWidget/Details/jznhbHrpV_qg1ua-rWWrkbpP/Ugn7i1SFGD_WqbLAwf_8bG_A?sid=Job%20Widget

My daughter got one of those jobs last september and seems to quite enjoying it. There is no guarantee of a full time job at the end of it but she is doing her compulsory insurance exams (paid for) while there so even if she comes away with those it will have been worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭twiddleypop

Hi Emeldc,

Could I ask how long your daughter is under contract and is if full time?

I have sent my application so fingers crossed and as you say even if it isn't permanent at least I will have the qualification!

Hi Emeldc,

Could I ask how long your daughter is under contract and is if full time?

I have sent my application so fingers crossed and as you say even if it isn't permanent at least I will have the qualification!

Yes it is full time and it's either a 9 or 12 month contract, I can't remember which. I think she is quietly hopeful that there might be a job a the end of it but it will be good to have it on the CV either way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12 genie123

Hi i had an interview with them earlier this week for customer sales advisor it wad 50/50 haven't heard back from them yet

I have an interview on Tuesday so maybe they are interviewing all week?

What kind of things did they ask? I've read on the paper that there are 50 new jobs so hopefully theres a good chance!

best of luck ; they must be doing two weeks of interviews so. Read up on VHI healthcare packages etc, and communication skills, team work skills most questions where geared towards them topics.

Has anyone heard back yet? Have a very possible other job offer but would like to know from VHI too so I can decide! Its only been a week and they told me it would be longer but would love to know one way or another!

Havn't heard from them myself yet would be nice to know too.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Meme34

Bumping this thread..

Can those of you that have had interviews give some light on what type of questions were asked, I'm keeping a close eye on their website hoping for positions to be advertised..

Meme34 wrote: »
    Bumping this thread..

Can those of you that have had interviews give some light on what type of questions were asked, I'm keeping a close eye on their website hoping for positions to be advertised..

I got a job alert from Irish Jobs this morning, VHI recruiting again.
    http://www.irishjobs.ie/Jobs/Sales-Customer-Care-Advisors-7292790.aspx?utm_source=JobAlert&utm_medium=clicks&utm_campaign=Jbe+Applications

Good luck!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭alwaysadub

Anyone know what the pay is roughly for a Sales Customer Service role?

Thanks LadyBetty - I have applied and am keeping my fingers crossed, the closing date for applications are this Thursday 24th so hoping to hear about an interview next week!!

Alwaysadub - I'm not sure what the pay is but I believe its decent enough, did you apply for a position?

• Advertisement

Thanks LadyBetty - I have applied and am keeping my fingers crossed, the closing date for applications are this Thursday 24th so hoping to hear about an interview next week!!

Alwaysadub - I'm not sure what the pay is but I believe its decent enough, did you apply for a position?

Yep-Not holding out much hope tbh but will see what happens !

@ Alwaysadub - think positive :) today is the last day for applications so fingers crossed we hear something next week about interviews!!

@alwaysadub - just curious as to whether you have heard from VHI? I haven't

Hiya,
    Yep they did get in touch with me about an interview, but I decided against it in the end. Its a bit too far away from me.
    Don't lose hope just yet though, could still be getting through the applications!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,822 ✭✭✭sunflower27

Why not ring them and ask them what the situation is? If nothing else, you look really keen and that is always a positive.

They phoned yesterday - my interview is Thursday :) hopefully it will go well...fingers crossed!!

Thanks for the replies..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭Schindlers Pissed

Well? How did it go for you?? :)

I'm really not sure..I feel like I answered everything the best I could but the ladies interviewing gave nothing away - guess I just have to wait & see..i wont know for 3/4 weeks!! Thanks for asking :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18 lampylady

Hello, can you give examples of the types of questions they asked you at interview? Thanks!

Hi Lampylady,

I can't remember the exact questions asked but be prepared to talk about Team work, Sales, Customer Service and Flexibility - when have you got your Interview?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 cristina dracea

Hi Lampylady,

I can't remember the exact questions asked but be prepared to talk about Team work, Sales, Customer Service and Flexibility - when have you got your Interview?
    hi; anyone got amy call back after the interview?

• Advertisement

I got called back for a 2nd interview - should be hearing this week whether or not I was successful

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 508 ✭✭✭dobbs2210

I got called back for a 2nd interview - should be hearing this week whether or not I was successful

Best of luck, any idea of upcoming vacancies with VHI kilkenny? Nothing showing up on the website.

dobbs2210 wrote: »
    Best of luck, any idea of upcoming vacancies with VHI kilkenny? Nothing showing up on the website.

Unfortunately i wasnt successful..my 2nd interview must not have went as well as i thought did!

They probably wont be looking for new staff now until the new year but no harm checking their website once or twice a month..

They have vacancies back up on their website if anyone is still looking.
    Closing date is 30th

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Have an interview on Wednesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Starbar92

Super-Rush wrote: »
    Have an interview on Wednesday.

What kind of questions did they ask? I have an interview next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭me89

Starbar92 wrote: »
    What kind of questions did they ask? I have an interview next week.

I have one tomorrow myself. Would also love to know what kind of question's they asked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭obezyana

me89 wrote: »
    I have one tomorrow myself. Would also love to know what kind of question's they asked.

They ask about working in a team, how would you go about keeping a customer on board even tho they wanted to cancel, they ask about your likes dislikes.

Apparently in the 2nd interview (if you get it) they ask you what you know about the company and general questions like that. If you get to the second interview they will ring to let you know if you got the job if you get an email well then it's not good news.

I know some one working there a few yrs and another 2 people I know had interviews a couple of weeks ago hence the reason I know the routine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

I was asked what skills I could bring from my current job to VHI.

I was asked why was I looking for a career change.

I was also asked a lot of questions about my IT skills.

I thought the interview went very well to be honest. Its more like a chat and the two ladies who conducted the interview were very nice. The questions are going to vary from person to person.

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭memomtoo

Just wondering if anyone already working for VHI or already attending interviews there, how many rounds of interview is it for customer sales advisor?
    if you kindly share your experiences on shift pattern? they say its between 8am-8pm? and pay? what type of questions and how long did the interview lasted??tx
    how flexible are they with the shift patterns??

• Advertisement
Advertisement