Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

VHI Kilkenny

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Tuffy_totts

Post lady been and gone... So still optimistic :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Julietigs

I won't be home till after 2, nervous to check what post will greet me lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Its worse than Christmas eve :pac:

Super-Rush wrote: »
    Its worse than Christmas eve :pac:

Lol yep :-)

I just want to know this has been the longest wait ever and I feel 2 I clock will never come!

Julietigs wrote: »
    I just want to know this has been the longest wait ever and I feel 2 I clock will never come!

Totally agree.... And they won't be giving a lot of notice if they don't contact us soon!!

Let us know as soon as u get home!!

Post gone and no post for me!! :-)
    So keeping the mindset "no news is good news" oh plzzzz ring us today and put us out of our misery!! :-)

Post gone and no post for me!! :-)
    So keeping the mindset "no news is good news" oh plzzzz ring us today and put us out of our misery!! :-)

If I stare hard enough at the phone it will ring ..... Right??????

I tried that and it hasn't worked for the past 2 weeks lol :-)

No post for me either.

• Advertisement

Tomorrow then??!

Tomorrow then??!

Here's hoping it is.

No post again today....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,926 ✭✭✭Ceist_Beag

I've been following this thread with interest and all I can say is fair play to you all for your patience but I really can't believe none of you have picked up the phone yet and asked what's going on! I would certainly have phoned them by now personally - it shows you are keen so you've nothing to lose and will at least let you know if you might be waiting much longer if they can't give an answer over the phone.

Ceist_Beag wrote: »
    I've been following this thread with interest and all I can say is fair play to you all for your patience but I really can't believe none of you have picked up the phone yet and asked what's going on! I would certainly have phoned them by now personally - it shows you are keen so you've nothing to lose and will at least let you know if you might be waiting much longer if they can't give an answer over the phone.

I actually tried calling this morning... But kept getting voicemail :-(

No one in hr to take my call but apparently selection process is still on going and hopefully well here in next few days! Apparently there is 40 positions

So next week then?

What about people who will have to hand in their notice?

Maybe the start date isn't the 22nd now. Personally I don't have to give notice as I'm unemployed but for the people that do have to give notice you would imagine they would have to be letting them know ASAP!!

They did say start date would either be 22 or 29 in my interview so I guess they have til Monday??

Hate the thoughts of waiting all weekend tho

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 aranhill

no post or call for me as well not sure if i should go for another job or not or a course VHI job looks good dam i wish they say yes or no give a start date dont even mind if it next month once i know one way or other

aranhill wrote: »
    no post or call for me as well not sure if i should go for another job or not or a course VHI job looks good dam i wish they say yes or no give a start date dont even mind if it next month once i know one way or other
    It's so frustrating!!
    But we're looking at next week now anyway before we hear anything!

Omg it has to be next week that they let us know either way! I'm trying to think positive, only for following this thread on here I would have lost all hope!

So here's hoping for us all that we receive the good news we are looking for :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 42 fitzy08

Hi Guys,

Got a call from a woman in HR, saying she found my CV online it's for the position of Customer Service Advisor in Kilkenny...Starting in October.

Are these the same positons or are ye talking about Sales positions?

fitzy08 wrote: »
    Hi Guys,

Got a call from a woman in HR, saying she found my CV online it's for the position of Customer Service Advisor in Kilkenny...Starting in October.

Woman in hr from vhi?
    Yes same position then I assume?

Hi Guys,

Were you offered the job or called for an interview?

• Advertisement

She rang me saying she seen my CV on Monster and was wondering if im interested in the position....
    Offered me interview this Thursday!

I can see what's going on now.

They have informed those who were not successful but haven't managed to fill the 40 positions. Now they are searching the various sites online for suitable candidates.

Best of luck with the interview Fitzy.

And start date is Oct?

I can see what's going on now.

They have informed those who were not successful but haven't managed to fill the 40 positions. Now they are searching the various sites online for suitable candidates.

Best of luck with the interview Fitzy.

Does sound like it... But that means more waiting and a later start date?!!!
    Very frustrating

Does sound like it... But that means more waiting and a later start date?!!!
    Very frustrating

Just received email... :-( unsuccessful

• Advertisement

Just received email... :-( unsuccessful

Ah crap. Sorry to hear that.

I also got the dreaded email :-(

Feck. Sorry to hear it.

I'm bricking it now.

It's looking good for you super rush,you haven't received the "dreaded email :-) "
    I wish you the best of luck!!

Yea good luck super rush :-)
    Keep us posted!!!!

Just got the email.

Ah well, onwards and upwards.

Just got the email.

Ah well, onwards and upwards.

Aww sorry :-(

At least we've been put out of our misery!!

Aww sorry :-(

At least we've been put out of our misery!!

True.

What a strange selection process.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Sorry to hear the news lads, think VHI recruitment dept really need to think about their process and how it affects people.

True.

What a strange selection process.

Sorry to hear all the unsuccessful people on here....I'm having me doubts about even going for the interview now lol, they reached out to me though so I don't know. Was anybody else approached by them? I'm in full time employment already but the position at VHI does seem good. It would also involve me relocating to Kilkenny.

Any tips on interview for the Customer Service Advisor role guys?

Appreciated!

• Advertisement

Sorry to hear all the unsuccessful people on here....I'm having me doubts about even going for the interview now lol, they reached out to me though so I don't know. Was anybody else approached by them? I'm in full time employment already but the position at VHI does seem good. It would also involve me relocating to Kilkenny.

Any tips on interview for the Customer Service Advisor role guys?

Appreciated!

Def go for it!!

No tips really... be yourself, know some about there products, and be very customer and team focused!!

Best of luck :-)

I would love some feedback from VHI as to why I wasn't successful, and am shocked also to hear 2 other people on here were unsuccessful too, especially "super rush" as you knew at least one of your referees were contacted.

It's just so disheartening to be left waiting so long and then just to receive an email saying your unsuccessful after waiting all that time.

I would love some feedback from VHI as to why I wasn't successful, and am shocked also to hear 2 other people on here were unsuccessful too, especially "super rush" as you knew at least one of your referees were contacted.

It's just so disheartening to be left waiting so long and then just to receive an email saying your unsuccessful after waiting all that time.

I'm actually considering emailing for feedback... At least I'll know what not to do next time lol

Sorry to hear - had been keeping an eye and hoping for good news for ye :).

• Registered Users Posts: 6 aranhill

dam it got same email that must be all of us that was waiting on here bit out of order make us wait near a month then say no ok one maybe 2 of us not get it but all of us something smells fishy

• Registered Users Posts: 8 aoifemc27

Fitzy-08 I was also contacted by them had my interview today! customer service inbound calls as far as I know

aoifemc27 wrote: »
    Fitzy-08 I was also contacted by them had my interview today! customer service inbound calls as far as I know

Aoife can you give any tips on the interview, what it was focused on?

Aoife can you give any tips on the interview, what it was focused on?

Hope the interview went well for you?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 aoifemc27

Hope the interview went well for you?

They are really nice two ladies! They asked me my career history from when I finished school, what do I know about vhi, what does customer service mean to me, what does working in a team mean to me, speak about a time you dealt with a difficult customer and what does flexibility mean to me! Very hard to read how it went both are very professional and didn't give anything away! Best of luck :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 RianOBlaicead

Hey,

I also got a phone call from a woman this past Monday. She said she is from the HR department in VHI in Kilkenny and she found my CV online and gave me an interview for today. She told me to bring references, any academic stuff I think would support my application and any qualifications. She said the position was for inbound customer service calls (obviously sales will be some way included but isn't the primary focus of the role). She also said the start date is October but they haven't decided on the date yet.

I just hope that I find out soon after the interview today. I can't imagine waiting a month for a reply like some people on this board. I have another job opportunity but the VHI one seems to be a lot better.

Was anyone asked any questions that threw them off guard? I just wanna be prepared!

Advertisement