Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

VHI Kilkenny

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8 aoifemc27

No just the usual stuff they said they ask everyone the same questions! Its all about customer service so just try to get across how important it is. I totally forgot to ask when they would let us know and also forgot to give them my references etc!best of luck
    Hey,

I also got a phone call from a woman this past Monday. She said she is from the HR department in VHI in Kilkenny and she found my CV online and gave me an interview for today. She told me to bring references, any academic stuff I think would support my application and any qualifications. She said the position was for inbound customer service calls (obviously sales will be some way included but isn't the primary focus of the role). She also said the start date is October but they haven't decided on the date yet.

I just hope that I find out soon after the interview today. I can't imagine waiting a month for a reply like some people on this board. I have another job opportunity but the VHI one seems to be a lot better.

Was anyone asked any questions that threw them off guard? I just wanna be prepared!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

I'm a bit confused here.

VHI obviously thought i was suitable enough to contact my referee's but deemed my application unsuccessful.

They don't offer me the position but trawl the internet looking for people who never applied.

I've requested feedback from them.

Yes you def should! Its very strange alright! applications are open until the 24th of this month! seems like they are being super picky

Super-Rush wrote: »
    I'm a bit confused here.

VHI obviously thought i was suitable enough to contact my referee's but deemed my application unsuccessful.

They don't offer me the position but trawl the internet looking for people who never applied.

Yes you def should! Its very strange alright! applications are open until the 24th of this month! seems like they are being super picky

I'm a bit confused here.

I'm a bit confused here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32 Tuffy_totts

I'm a bit confused here.

Super rush I too have sent them an email!
    Good luck to everyone who has had interviews, and I genuinely hope you are successful, but I too am a little disappointed in how people who applied for the position were treated! Left waiting for weeks, then emails to say we were unsuccessful and then contacting people who haven't even applied!
    Glad I haven't gotten the job now but feel vhi recruitment have a lot to learn!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,777 ✭✭✭highgiant1985

Super rush I too have sent them an email!
    Good luck to everyone who has had interviews, and I genuinely hope you are successful, but I too am a little disappointed in how people who applied for the position were treated! Left waiting for weeks, then emails to say we were unsuccessful and then contacting people who haven't even applied!
    Glad I haven't gotten the job now but feel vhi recruitment have a lot to learn!

How exactly did you expected to be treated? I don't work / have any contacts in or relationship with the VHI but I think your being a bit green.

I don't mean to offend here but I think you need to see it more from the business side.

Its not unusual when applying for jobs to hear nothing for weeks due to things like other work priorities / annual leave / sign offs required internally / emergencies etc...

You were also lucky to be contacted at all to be told you were unsuccessful as well. A lot of employers don't even bother with that.

Despite contacting VHI twice for feedback, I've still received none.

While applying for jobs today i said i'd look on their website for the laugh and they are advertising the same job again.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Meme34

While applying for jobs today i said i'd look on their website for the laugh and they are advertising the same job again.

I applied for the sales position this year, made it to the 2nd rounds of the interviews but was seen to be more appropriate for the customer service role!

Applied for the Customer Service role (15years experience) and was told I didnt get past the 1st rounds?

I'll not be reapplying..I dont know know what VHI are looking for but obviously its not me!

Best of luck to anyone going for an interview!!

• Registered Users Posts: 42 fitzy08

Ok..I've come to the conclusion Vhi are a joke. They hunt me down on the internet,reach out to me for the position of Customer Advisor...I Book a day off work, nailed the interview, several qualifications. Loads of Customer service and contact centre experience.

To be sent a letter last week "we'd like to commend you on your interview but you were unsuccessful"

Good riddance Vhi - You lost a good one ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 Meme34

fitzy08 wrote: »
    Ok..I've come to the conclusion Vhi are a joke. They hunt me down on the internet,reach out to me for the position of Customer Advisor...I Book a day off work, nailed the interview, several qualifications. Loads of Customer service and contact centre experience.

To be sent a letter last week "we'd like to commend you on your interview but you were unsuccessful"

Good riddance Vhi - You lost a good one ;)

I feel the same as you..they have lost out on a very hard worker with many years work experience in customer service!

But anyways they will not have to waste anymore emails on me

So I just got off the phone with VHI.

Apparently I don't have enough experience for a job that required no experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭Schindlers Pissed

You know what lads? I think you're better off.......are these the kind of people you want to work for?

It's their loss, not yours. Well done on giving it a go......at least ye got off your arses and tried.

Nothing as bad a place you don't like working in......been there, done that.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Julietigs

I was so disappointed when I first received the email saying I wasn't successful... I like a few others requested feedback just for my own benefit to see maybe where I went wrong and could improve on but never heard anything back....
    I'm still job hunting but am now glad I didn't get the position because from reading on here and my own personal experience with them they came across highly unprofessional!!
    How they can tell people they don't have enough experience is beyond me considering they advertise the position as "experience not essential"!!

Best of luck to everyone still on the job search!! Maybe we had a lucky escape with VHI!

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭RubyGlee

Anyone interview here recently? Have an interview on Tuesday, also any idea on what the pay is like?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

RubyGlee wrote: »
    Anyone interview here recently? Have an interview on Tuesday, also any idea on what the pay is like?

you haven't got the job yet.
    probably jinxing yourself asking that question and don't ask it in the initial interview

Hence why Im asking for tips!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,430 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Bowlardo wrote: »
    you haven't got the job yet.
    probably jinxing yourself asking that question and don't ask it in the initial interview

Why not ask? Course you need to know what you might earn. Kind of fundamental to taking a job or not I would have thought. Best of luck OP.

Best of luck Ruby :)

• Registered Users Posts: 612 ✭✭✭Rantan

road_high wrote: »
    Why not ask? Course you need to know what you might earn. Kind of fundamental to taking a job or not I would have thought. Best of luck OP.

have to agree,don't be afraid to ask important questions. No point wasting your or their time if the pays not what you want. But don't labour the point or make it seem like its " all about the money". I don't work their myself but a mates wife works their and likes it, but another mates ma works there and has had problems so hard to know! Go in with an open mind and good luck

• Advertisement

I dont think id have the balls to ask straight out at an interview! Sure will see how it goes past posts look like there interview is hard enough. Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭Einhard

I've never asked about the money at an interview. Can come across as crass by some interviewers and you want to put your best foot forward. They usually inform you of the package anyway, and if not, you can always turn down the job if it's offered.

Its between 20,000 and 22,000 per year plus healthcare.

• Registered Users Posts: 612 ✭✭✭Rantan

Einhard wrote: »
    I've never asked about the money at an interview. Can come across as crass by some interviewers and you want to put your best foot forward. They usually inform you of the package anyway, and if not, you can always turn down the job if it's offered.

'spose...sorry not meaning to derail the thread but its part of it I reckon...

IMO,,,an interview is a two way thing...you are there to present yourself in the best light you can to the people looking to hire.... but..you are also there to assess the company, the people and the role.
    Its only fair to ask what the terms of the role are(I think anyway)
    that's what an interview is for
    - If I chased a job for weeks - ie preparing my CV, filling out application forms and working/chasing with agencies, taken a days hols for work to go to the interview only to find out at the interview that the hirer were looking to pay 50% of my expectations I'd be pretty p*** off and that would not be fair by the hirer!

Anyway..I would never go to an interview where I didn't know the basic salary range in advance

RubyGlee wrote: »
    I dont think id have the balls to ask straight out at an interview! Sure will see how it goes past posts look like there interview is hard enough. Thanks!

Don't ask it directly. Ask what the expected salary range would be premised that you are very interested in the role etc.

Einhard wrote: »

Never asked directly, but a salary range has been discussed. Usually if they are considering you seriously it comes up in my experience.

When I was called for my interview, they told me over the phone what the salary was.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭catbear

For me the priority would be what kind of coffee machine they have.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭whatis12

hi, just seeing this thread now but i had an interview 2 weeks ago and just got word that i was unsuccessful, so i was wondering if anyone knows ,is that the end of that, if the advertise again should i let it go or in one case someone was told no but was offered a job 2 weeks later and is this the norm???
    A little confused here because i got a call after my interview saying i did an very strong interview and that they would let me know asap. but it took 2 weeks for them to get back to me and then tell me i didn't get it on this occasion ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭whatis12

I was told the salary was €1850 a month with health care added in after 6 mths and an increase each year with a bonus, depending on work rate, at then end of each year.....but who really knows?

Advertisement