Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

VHI Kilkenny

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,430 ✭✭✭✭road_high

whatis12 wrote: »
    I was told the salary was €1850 a month with health care added in after 6 mths and an increase each year with a bonus, depending on work rate, at then end of each year.....but who really knows?

I'd say that's a gross figure?

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭whatis12

more than likely i would say.... but it seems to be the starting pay for most jobs today unless you are highly qualified or its a managerial position.

RubyGlee wrote: »
    Anyone interview here recently? Have an interview on Tuesday, also any idea on what the pay is like?
    Hi Ruby Glee....have you heard anything from VHI in regards to your interview?

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭RubyGlee

Hi ment to update this, I didnt go for the interview I got offered a different job I applied for ages ago on the monday with better pay and better hours so cancelled! Its on 6 month contract so taking a risk but a much better job and not call center!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 dehbishop

Just a quick query does anyone know if vhi drug test employees for their call centre??

• Advertisement

RubyGlee wrote: »
    Hi ment to update this, I didnt go for the interview I got offered a different job I applied for ages ago on the monday with better pay and better hours so cancelled! Its on 6 month contract so taking a risk but a much better job and not call center!
    Hope the job you took works out for you. Best of Luck in it!

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭Deathwish4

dehbishop wrote: »
    Just a quick query does anyone know if vhi drug test employees for their call centre??

:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭LadyBetty

VHI Kilkenny are recruiting for call centre staff again, for anyone seeking work in the area, I got a job alert email today.

Is there a high staff turnover?

LadyBetty wrote: »
    VHI Kilkenny are recruiting for call centre staff again, for anyone seeking work in the area, I got a job alert email today.

I heard they have been expanding a lot in Kilkenny. Moving a lot of functions out of Dublin. Now over 500 staff in Kilkenny, the nature of that work there'll always be a high turn of staff.

Oh that's very interesting, don't suppose you know if they moved their Finance function down to KK?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,500 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Its a call centre for the most part, call centres ALWAYS have high staff turnover, its the nature of the beast.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 kilkennym

hi,

I worked there for a while ago and I have to say it was the hardest place ever to work and achieve positive results. the place is massively cliquey and if you make one mistake against the wrong person your totally screwed the place is nothing but a sweatshop and its crazy the way the staff are treated. yeah sure there are perks like a a decent canteen and free vhi if you make the grade but one thing is certain you'll be using the EAP ( employee assistance programme, counselling ) a lot. the higher management don't dare talk to the newbies. its a nightmare.

That sounds horrible kilkennym, bet you were glad to leave.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 kilkennym

i was gutted by what I precieved utter failure but f@@k'em

Oh that's very interesting, don't suppose you know if they moved their Finance function down to KK?

They're not sure a the moment I hear really. What they appear to be doing is not replacing staff in Dublin and creating new ones in Kilkenny to an extent.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Eileenhj

Ive an interview 2moro. Anyone else on here been called. Start date not till 1st feb. Reading previous conversations im not feeling very hopeful now! !

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Johndeere6930

I have interview tomorrow too...dunno whether to go to it now reading all the previous reviews

I have interview tomorrow too...dunno whether to go to it now reading all the previous reviews

Im going to go ahead with it. If your not in you can't win. Im hoping to be lucky. And if i don't get it well at least ill have the experience of the interview.
    What time is yours? Im in at 1.45. Were you asked to bring references and certs etc

• Registered Users Posts: 49 pug407

Has anyone who had an interview in december heard anything back?

pug407 wrote: »
    Has anyone who had an interview in december heard anything back?

Hi ya
    I had an interview. Heard nothing yet. But was told at interview that due to the high amount of interviews and by the time they got back to review them all that it could possibly be the 3rd week in January 16. They were looking for 10 people. So fingers crossed with me still. Did u have an interview? ??

• Advertisement

Eileenhj wrote: »
    Hi ya
    I had an interview. Heard nothing yet. But was told at interview that due to the high amount of interviews and by the time they got back to review them all that it could possibly be the 3rd week in January 16. They were looking for 10 people. So fingers crossed with me still. Did u have an interview? ??
    Hi thank you I had mine around the 9thof dec .. I was fortunate I knew a friend who worked their and he had all the questions and answers that he gave so I'm hoping but who knows .. Fingers crossed.. Good luck to you

Hi thank you I had mine around the 9thof dec .. I was fortunate I knew a friend who worked their and he had all the questions and answers that he gave so I'm hoping but who knows .. Fingers crossed.. Good luck to you

Hiya.. did you hear anything yet? ??

Hi eileenhj , no I've not heard anything

Hi eileenhj , no I've not heard anything

Did you hear anything yourself ? I haven't got a yeah or nay yet .. So we will just see I suppose

Did you hear anything yourself ? I haven't got a yeah or nay yet .. So we will just see I suppose

Hi pug407

No nothing yet either. I'm giving it till next Friday 22nd. And after that i reckon I'm in the rejection list. Hoping till then. ☺

Hi pug407

No nothing yet either. I'm giving it till next Friday 22nd. And after that i reckon I'm in the rejection list. Hoping till then. ☺

Well I suppose it will have to be soon if they expect people to be able to give notice

Hi pug407

If it was me I'd just ring for an update. Nothing to loose.

road_high wrote: »
    If it was me I'd just ring for an update. Nothing to loose.

Tried ringing. .. can only find numbers for customer services etc. . Can't get through to reception or hr office personnel. Anyone got any contact numbers or email addressws would be great.

• Advertisement

Tried ringing. .. can only find numbers for customer services etc. . Can't get through to reception or hr office personnel. Anyone got any contact numbers or email addressws would be great.

What number did you ring eileenhj ?

Advertisement