Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to buy rabbit and pheasant in dublin

Options
  • 18-04-2013 5:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭

As the title says, anyone know where to buy rabbit and pheasant in the Dublin area

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Moved from Cooking & Recipes.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Dumb Terminal

Downey John & Son butchers on Terenure Rd East sell specialty meats. Might be worth giving them a ring

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

Call J Downey butchers in Terenure, they should be able to help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭MurdyWurdy

Pretty sure the butchers in Donnybrook opposite Keily's has both. They definitely have pheasant anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Alias G

Lidl have pheasant fairly regularly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,689 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

Fallon & Byrnes for both. FX Buckley for the rabbits.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

Your local crafty butcher should be able to source them for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭Alan_P

The pheasant season runs from November to January :- nobody will have fresh ones at the moment.

As noted, Lidl occasionally have frozen ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,322 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Butcher's (can't remember name) on Moore St (Henry St end).

Not your ornery onager

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,876 ✭✭✭Scortho

Esel wrote: »
    Butcher's (can't remember name) on Moore St (Henry St end).

Fx Buckley? I think I saw them in there the last time I was in. Was a while ago though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,322 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Scortho wrote: »
    Fx Buckley? I think I saw them in there the last time I was in. Was a while ago though.
    Yeah, I think that's the one. They also sell tripe and other offal, as well as pigs' feet and even chicken feet.

Not your ornery onager

Advertisement