Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Location of control panel

Options
  • 18-04-2013 5:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 31

Hi,

Apologies if this has been asked before and if so please direct me to the posting.

I’m currently testing / configuring my Europlex Signet panel which is fitted with wireless and GSM modules and would like to know if it’s OK to install the control panel into the attic / loft space. My thought behind this is that it makes it easier to install the wired bell box and also allows the installation of wired sensors on the first floor with wireless sensors on the ground floor also I’d like to see if it provides better wireless coverage to outbuilding via the external 868Mhz wireless antenna. Also it will hide the unit out of sight on any intruders.

I also have a single story extension on the side of the house with a pitched roof providing attic / loft space which I've considered using but this could potentially be accessed externally via removing tiles so though better of it although I do intend to place sensors in this attic to cover this area.

You thoughts greatly appreciated

Carbon Fibre

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

Nothing wrong putting it in there once it's within a protected area, a duel tec beam in the attic would be enough.

It's also likely that you'll get some extra coverage as well but I would test the range before installation.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Carbon Fibre

Hi Fred Funk,

Many thanks for the response. I'll look to possibly install the panel in the main loft/attic as that will make life easier for installing the external bell and the hardwired sensors (PIRS) for upstairs. Do you think that in addition to the dual sensor to cover the panel etc I should add in a smoke / heat detector as a precaution due to having the panel in the loft/attic?

Kind regards

Carbon Fibre

Advertisement