Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

jg mp5 advice

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭T4RGET

firstly you'll probably be looking more in the low 100's or mid 100's for it over here, could be wrong though.

As for recommending it. meh. It will stand by you for a while. It being a china clone it could work for years, it could crap itself out in the first couple of weeks. JG make solid AUG's in my opinion. Their MP5's not so much. If you can find one I'd recommend for a CYMA MP5 or a G&G sportsline. They'll stand by you far better, CYMA is also a chine gun so will be in the same price bracket

It will take mid caps yes.

And you should be able to upgrade it without problem but it begs the question why not buy a gun for a higher price, from a better company which needs less/no work to work the way you want it to?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 airsoftdude01

thanks for the reply
    i wanted to get this if i like the feel of the smgs and if i didnt like them i wouldnt have spent too much on it anyway!:)

so youd say a cyma would be more reliable?
    http://gunfire.pl/product-eng-1152193304-CM041PDW-sub-machinegun-replica.html

what about this one ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Untamedlemon

Id personally say a cyma would last longer but as T4RGET said its a china clone so its really a hit and miss. G&G's sportline mp5 would definitely last farrr....> longer and is a better gun overall with less upgrading needed. There shimming is pretty good out of the box aswell. As for just trting out smg's at a field someone may give you a try of their mp5 before you buy one for yourself. Just my thaughts.

ok thanks untamedlemon

• Advertisement

yeah I would say CYMA might be better for the mp5 model,

Here is a link to the G&G version i was talking about, shop is in Ireland
    http://www.hobbyairsofter.com/GG-Guay-MP5A4-MP5-HK-Heckler-Koch-Umarex-Hobby-Airsoft-Ireland?keyword=mp5&category_id=0

There's some other SMG's in a shop in Ireland
    http://seairsoft.com/view_subs.php?subcatid=283&subcat=Submachine%20Guns

also as mentioned, most would highly recommend heading out for a game before buying a gun, airsoft is fun but it's not for everyone

oh ive started airsoft a while ago ! its great craic! i have a jg g36c and a kjw m9 gbb and have been to a few skirmishes and as i said i want to try out the smg

oh ive started airsoft a while ago ! its great craic! i have a jg g36c and a kjw m9 gbb and have been to a few skirmishes and as i said i want to try out the smg

well then fire away, the fact you have a JG G36 explains why you were going for an mp5 by them, but they're G36 is far better than the MP5, the JG Mp5 rarely last,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,746 ✭✭✭DeBurca

Lads I would disagree with ye I would take a JG MP5 over a CYMA MP5 any day
    I base my opinion on the quality of the material used in the Body

As far as the quality of the gearboxes go there is little to pick as to which is better than the other in factory spec
    Yes both could do with a bit of fine tuning to get the Max from them but in my experience from working on both I would give the JG the nod over the CYMA and as said already this is based purely on the Body

DeBurca wrote: »
    Lads I would disagree with ye I would take a JG MP5 over a CYMA MP5 any day
    I base my opinion on the quality of the material used in the Body

As far as the quality of the gearboxes go there is little to pick as to which is better than the other in factory spec
    Yes both could do with a bit of fine tuning to get the Max from them but in my experience from working on both I would give the JG the nod over the CYMA and as said already this is based purely on the Body

it's funny you should say that mate because i was basing it on that too.. They're both China guns, fair enough, there's not going to be much between them gearboxwise, although CYMA have seriously stepped up. I've always found the JG MP5 bodies to be so terrible, that's not to say I haven't seen or personally broke CYMA bodies before while skirmishing.

• Advertisement
Advertisement