Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tom Waits

Options
  • 18-04-2013 6:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭

I recently discovered Tom Waits, love his music, especially the slower tracks, real mellow music....I also like van the man and Leonard Cohen.....so Im wandering what other musician would be like Tom Waits ie deep voice, great songs and music, laid back, what do you think?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,155 ✭✭✭mosstin

banjobongo wrote: »
    I recently discovered Tom Waits, love his music, especially the slower tracks, real mellow music....I also like van the man and Leonard Cohen.....so Im wandering what other musician would be like Tom Waits ie deep voice, great songs and music, laid back, what do you think?

Nobody sounds like Tom Waits. That's the man's appeal. However both Nick Cave and Mark Lanegan have that deep tone. Great music too. Also, loved this Tom Waits' piece on an old Sparklehorse album.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Temaz

Bit obvious but it has to be Bob Dylan! Investigate some Dylan albums over on
    www.allmusic.com to see waht album to go for.

For a start you should go with 'Oh Mercy' Dylan had a bad time in the 80s but pulls a rabbit out of the hat with this record.

Advertisement