Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Marvel Heroes Beta Key Giveaway

• 18-04-2013 6:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭

Hey Guys and Gals of Boards.ie,

The website I write for is doing a giveaway on Marvel Heroes Beta keys for this weekend's beta event. If you would like to obtain one, all you have to do is click the link below and then press on the "Get Your Key" button. All instructions on how to redeem the code is in the post.

http://mature-gaming.com/news/marvel-heroes-beta-key-giveaway/

This was approved by CMods before posting as well, in case anyone was worried.

Thanks very much guys and gals, and if you choose to get a beta key, hope you enjoy it! Beta runs from April the 19th till the 21st.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭delta36

Thanks for posting this, interested in giving it a try since I saw the trailers for it, though I'll be surprised if another MOBA style game manages to cram its way into the market.

• Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭EJ22

No problems, its nice to give back to a community that has given me countless gaming bargains over the years.

To be honest its meant to play more like Diablo than a moba, which considering its made by David Brevik, the creator of the Diablo series, I'm not surprised.

Hope you enjoy it anyways!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,491 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

none left now

but I got mine the hard way, when I say hard way I mean I typed my email into the webpage and waited a few months ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭EJ22

Skerries wrote: »
    none left now

but I got mine the hard way, when I say hard way I mean I typed my email into the webpage and waited a few months ;)

Aye the keys went much faster than we anticipated. We've just restocked with another 500 though so anyone who still wants one, there are plenty there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Are many people here in the Beta's so far? I'm loving it so far. It's not a amazing game and not particularly deep, but it's oddly addictive. As a F2P game, it's perfect for short burst (that end up being several hours long).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,491 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

I have it and have only just tried the start as I keep forgetting when the beta is open but I don't know if I would play it properly if it was released fully

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Thanks OP ,downloading now, has to be worth a look.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,396 ✭✭✭KillerShamrock

Can't stop clicking :$ I'm finding this to be fun didn't think I would so far sticking with the thing as my hero just unlocked storm as another one.

Playing last night there was about 20 people bashing the crap out of venom took a lot of punishment before he went down then the hood finally killed me and I stopped :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭LanceStorm

im a huge Marvel fan and love the idea of a superhero MMO, now ive only played about an hour of Diablo 3 and really didnt like it so I was very disappointed that it was Brevik who made this, I know he didnt work on D3 but im assuming its very similar to the first two!

Its just not an MMO like I wanted it to be, crappy graphics for a game in 2013, boring gameplay, click click click, if it wasnt for the Marvel characters I wouldnt have even given it those few hours, not even as good a game as Ultimate Alliance which I really enjoyed!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,406 ✭✭✭PirateShampoo

Another 250 up on the site. Just got 1 myself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭delta36

Played this for a little bit earlier, not really sure what to think of it yet. Firstly, I was grateful to find out you can switch characters without them having to redo storyline parts, which is nice. And was happy enough once I started playing as Spider-Man, but it's kind of hard to find your way around the game. I'm at the mission where you need to go to an abandoned subway, but there's no indicator in game of where that is.
    Also, I know the whole point of the game is that you get to play as a specific Marvel Superhero, but the effect is a bit diluted when you see ten copies of the same superhero running around. As for LanceStorm who said the gameplay was boring, and for anyone else playing, I did come across on the forums something stating that the developers have the game on "easy mode" at the minute, so people can experience as much of the game as possible.
    Probably end up playing a bit more later, see if it grows on me anymore.

Advertisement