Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Batman Arkham City - How the hell do you save the game?

• 18-04-2013 7:23pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,085 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I bought this a while ago on steam. I only started playing it yesterday but did about 5 hours of gameplay and the game didn't save even once. I can't figure out why or what the hell is stopping it from auto saving. Anyone have any ideas? It has really pissed me off.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,961 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I bought this a while ago on steam. I only started playing it yesterday but did about 5 hours of gameplay and the game didn't save even once. I can't figure out why or what the hell is stopping it from auto saving. Anyone have any ideas? It has really pissed me off.

Are you sure it's not auto saving?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Have you set up and signed into your GFWL profile? Pretty sure that's necessary for the thing to save.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,085 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Penn wrote: »
    Are you sure it's not auto saving?

I start the game and I'm back at the very start where you control Catwoman. Steam cloud backup for it says I'm using 0KB of whatever and the Arkham City save data folder in my documents is empty.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,085 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

gizmo wrote: »
    Have you set up and signed into your GFWL profile? Pretty sure that's necessary for the thing to save.

I have games for windows live installed and it's logged in but it doesn't prompt me about anything to do with GFWL in Arkham City at all. In Asylum it told you to log in when you started up and if you didn't it told you it wouldn't save the game.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

I have games for windows live installed and it's logged in but it doesn't prompt me about anything to do with GFWL in Arkham City at all. In Asylum it told you to log in when you started up and if you didn't it told you it wouldn't save the game.

GFWL interrupts the game as it loads (very annoyingly :mad:) and log you in.
    Press Home on your heyboard or controller to open the overlay in game and check if it's logged in.

• Advertisement

5uspect wrote: »
    GFWL interrupts the game as it loads (very annoyingly :mad:) and log you in.
    Press Home on your heyboard or controller to open the overlay in game and check if it's logged in.

GFWL doesn't show for me at all. Hitting the home button does nothing.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

GFWL doesn't show for me at all. Hitting the home button does nothing.

Came across this:
    http://steamcommunity.com/app/200260/discussions/0/864956554894147862/

5uspect wrote: »

Thanks but it doesn't work either. Fúcking disaster of a game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

What version of Windows are you running?

I found that that link helped me but if it's not working for yourself then I don't know. Have you tried launching AC as administrator just in case it's not telling GFWL to launch?

What version of Windows are you running?

I found that that link helped me but if it's not working for yourself then I don't know. Have you tried launching AC as administrator just in case it's not telling GFWL to launch?

I deleted AC and I'm re-installing it now. I'll try that when it's downloaded. 17.3GBs. Thank feck I have UPC. It's WIndows 8.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,746 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

I cant stand GFWL. I had that same problem, though a reinstall worked for me.

I cant stand GFWL. I had that same problem, though a reinstall worked for me.

Yeah, it's a pile of ****. I should have just pirated it, far easier.

Just finished the install and it's still not showing me the GFWL stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Hmm, I do seem to remember some furore over issues with older versions of GFWL bundled with games not running correctly with Windows 8. :(

How about this one OP?

How to Fix the Save Game / GFWL problem in Batman Arkham City

Advertisement