Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Help request for 4ife sv-400

• 18-04-2013 7:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭

Hi guys

I recently purchased a 4ife sv-400. the main reason for buying this model was that it supported an internal SATA hard disk.

Anyway, I have 2 queries. I mailed 4ife support but I have not got a response so I thought I'd post my request here as well.

Any help would be much appreciated and please don't hesitate to ask for further info.

Query 1: Disk is not found on re-start
    I have inserted a SATA drive (80Gb) and formatted the drive successfully using the sv-400. The PVR functions are working well.

However, if I put the sv-400 into standby and then start it up again then the disk is not recognised. For example

1. Use PVR functions
    2. Put sv-400 into standby
    3. Turn on sv-400
    4. Press a PVR function button on the remote

At this stage the sv-400 will report that it cannot find a disk. The only way that I have been able to rectify this is to re-format the SATA drive.

My first query is "Is there some setting that I can change so that the SATA disk will be recognised when the box is taken out of standby?"

Query 2:Using Favourites
    At present I have some channels which are set as favourites and some channels which are not.
    For example
    (a) RTE 1 (channel 0001) is set as an entertainment favourite
    (b) Network 2 (channel 0002) is not set as any favourite
    (c) TV 3 (channel 0003) is set as an entertainment favourite

Now, if I click "Favourites" and select entertainment then channel 1 is RTE1. Clicking to go up a channel brings me to TV3 - i.e. the next channel in the "Entertainment" category. This is fine.

However, I am now unable to view Network 2 - i.e. no matter which genre of "Favourites" (entertainment, kids, news etc.) I choose, Network 2 is not available.

I do realise that I could rectify this issue by assigning all channels to be a particular genre (e.g. "Entertainment") but this sounds like overkill.
    So my second query is "Is there a better way for me to organise my channels - or is there some way of viewing all (i.e. not just favourites)?"

Finally, please note that I have the firmware from the 4ife site installed (http://www.electroplus.ie/update/YJ0840_CL504031.2012.12.18.V9.zip)

Thanks again

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭handofdog

Hi again guys

Colin from 4ife got back to me (within a week of my query). Both issues are now resolved.

Here are the resolutions (please note that for issue 1 Colin only advised me that the issue shouldn't occur - the steps taken were not advised by Colin).

For issue 1:
    1. I took the disk out of the sv-400 and attached it to a Linux box
    2. I formatted the disk (FAT32) using GParted
    3. I put the disk back into the sv-400 and I now have no problem with the sv-400 recognising the disk when the sv-400 is re-started.

Just fyi the disk was originally taken from inside of a PS3 - perhaps there is some difference in the FAT of a PS3 disk that meant that the sv-400 was unable to format the disk thoroughly. Or perhaps I was just unlucky!

For issue 2:
    If you press the OK button and then 'Goto" you can choose how you want to view the channels.

Advertisement