Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tattoo is killing me.

Options
  • 18-04-2013 7:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,950 ✭✭✭

Got a tattoo about 2 months ago, and its killing me, not sore haha.

Just breaking out in lumps all over the tattoo, itchy as ****.

Its the only spot on my back, so My guess is where he shaved the hair off its healed back with tons of ingrown hairs.

Back in next week for a touch up but don't know if he'll be able to do it with the state of the area.

Happen to anyone else??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭Please Kill Me

0ph0rce0 wrote: »
    Got a tattoo about 2 months ago, and its killing me, not sore haha.

Just breaking out in lumps all over the tattoo, itchy as ****.

Its the only spot on my back, so My guess is where he shaved the hair off its healed back with tons of ingrown hairs.

Back in next week for a touch up but don't know if he'll be able to do it with the state of the area.

Happen to anyone else??

That's exactly what it is! Had the same happen to me with the last tattoo. Spots/pimples all over the place. But they just healed up after a while. Can't give you any advice though I'm afraid.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,950 ✭✭✭0ph0rce0

That's exactly what it is! Had the same happen to me with the last tattoo. Spots/pimples all over the place. But they just healed up after a while. Can't give you any advice though I'm afraid.

Its a bastard, Just try my best to stop scratching so :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

There's a way of getting rid of ingrown hairs, but to do it over a tattoo will take somebody with a very steady hand to help!

MOST ingrown hairs will sort themselves out, but one or two can sometimes become infected.

Leave it for another few days, but use some baby lotion on the skin, to soften the hairs.

If they're still bothering you, you can get someone with a VERY steady hand, and a tweezers, to GENTLY pull the ingrown part out the way it should be. ONLY do this on the parts that are developing lumps, not anywhere else. You'll need someone extremely careful to do this, because you don't want to break the skin.

But try the baby lotion (johnson's is recommended by Hellrazer for tattoo healing, so use that) to soften the hairs first.

Advertisement