Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LOI: League of Ireland Fixtures (Week 9), Apr 19-21, 2013

• 18-04-2013 8:32pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,168 ✭✭✭

Premier Division

Friday 19th

St. Patrick's Ath -v- Sligo Rovers Richmond Park 7:05 p.m.

Bohemians -v- Dundalk Dalymount Park 7:45 p.m.

Cork City -v- Shelbourne Turners Cross 7:45 p.m.

Derry City -v- Shamrock Rovers The Brandywell 7:45 p.m.

Drogheda United -v- U.C.D Hunky Dory’s Park 7:45 p.m.

Sunday, April 21
    Bray Wanderers -v- Limerick FC Carlisle Grounds 3 p.m.

First Division

Friday, April 19, 2013
    Mervue United -v- Wexford Youths Fahy's Field 7:45 p.m.

Waterford United -v- Cobh Ramblers RSC 7:45 p.m.

Finn Harps -v- Salthill Devon Finn Park 8 p.m.
    Saturday, April 20

Longford Town -v- Athlone Town Flancare Park 7:30 p.m.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

I'll go out on a limb and say Shels will lose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Tomorrow will tell us a lot of where we stand in the Division.

We should be beating Shels as things stand, but after UCD put it up to us tomorrow will give us indication as to if we are better then that, our if we are something similar to last season maybe even slightly worse off.

I will go for narrow win.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Result against Dundalk badly needed for Bohs. Another loss will be incredibly demoralising, there's only so long we can rely on the teams below us to be worse than us.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

Looking for this Cork City side to show a bit of composure. The amount of times players gave the ball away in Tallaght was criminal.

The big positive that can be taken from the game was the performance of Daryl Kavanagh. If other players can start making better runs around him I think we will improve our attacking play 100%.

Shels look in trouble because of a lack of quality. Philly Hughes will be their main threat.

Prediction

2-0

Kavanagh, Horgan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,076 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Big game at the Brandywell.

Hopefully Rovers will show some of their early season form, rather than last weeks, and we can turn them over.
    Not sure if I want Pats to win, if they do, right on our tails, maybe better to have Sligo win?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

I hope the rain has stopped until after the game. Even as it is I'd imagine the pitch will cut up badly very early on.

I am fully expecting a drab game tmr. Shells have a decent record in Cork. They have to torn it round, or at least get their first win of the season, at some stage and I fear a smash and grab tmr.

Prediction 0-1.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Must not lose, be interesting to see how if pans out. We could easily win or lose this 4-0, stupid ****ing time anyway.

Not sure we have found our best team yet but players starting to click together.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

Looking for this Cork City side to show a bit of composure. The amount of times players gave the ball away in Tallaght was criminal.

The big positive that can be taken from the game was the performance of Daryl Kavanagh. If other players can start making better runs around him I think we will improve our attacking play 100%.

Shels look in trouble because of a lack of quality. Philly Hughes will be their main threat.

Prediction

2-0

Kavanagh, Horgan

The 'main threat' sits in the Shels dugout...

Lars1916 wrote: »
    The 'main threat' sits in the Shels dugout...

Don't worry Lars. I'll buy him a fine portion of Lennoxs chips so he will be happy out boy ;-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Can't say I'm hoping for much tomorrow, I'd jump at a point now, as Roddy (yes I know) we need to stop losing! Going to be one of the worse away grounds from us in Turners Cross tomorrow, unfortunately for me I've managed to weasel a half-day and will be making the trek, here's to alcohol!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

Philip Hughes will not be Shels' main threat tonight.

Weather seems decent here today anyway. Hope it stays so and drys the pitch out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,859 ✭✭✭ionadnapokot

Sligo to make it 9 in a row. Patricks play a similar formation but Sligo create allot more chances than the Saints.
    Birmo v Cretaro will be great to watch. Bermo might have to curtail those bursts forward to prevent Sligo counterattacking through Rafa.
    1v2 Sligo

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,443 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

First time in Drogheda tonight. How do you get into the away area can someone tell me?

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭Squelchy

Result against Dundalk badly needed for Bohs. Another loss will be incredibly demoralising, there's only so long we can rely on the teams below us to be worse than us.

It's beginning to look a bit ropey alright. Sickening defeat during the week off the back of two heavy home defeats (and the obligatory win over Shels).

This must be the third season in a row that home form has been mostly awful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 196 ✭✭Drogmal

First time in Drogheda tonight. How do you get into the away area can someone tell me?

You might have to get there early to avoid the queues tonight.

It is the main entrance accross from the hospital on windmill road.

Hate playing UCD they are always a bogey team for us and there might be a bit of fatigue after tuesday night plus they are due some points.

Don't worry Lars. I'll buy him a fine portion of Lennoxs chips so he will be happy out boy ;-)

Ah c'mon, buy him some fish with it as well, he always looks so sad, when I meet him in Tolka :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭Peppa Pig

Map here.
    The car park is on the cross lanes. Supposedly you pay for your parking in the hospital but the lads always allow the football fans to pay cash on the way out (€4).
    Home fans entrance is across from the car park. Head toward the hospital and turn right onto the windmill road and the ticket office is at the clubhouse.

Ah c'mon, buy him some fish with it as well, he always looks so sad, when I meet him in Tolka :pac:

Pity Lennoxes don't open an outlet in the ground so they can chase away the purveyors of pricey poison currently on hand.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

[Thread title updated]

Rovers have an ok recent record in Derry which makes a change from the barren Liam Coyle and Jonathan Speake years. I've never seen Rovers lose up there anytime I've visited the Brandywell...but I'm not going.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Prepare to be demoralised. No way Dundalk lose this evening. Playing far better football than Bohs and we have a 100% record away from home. All our problems have been at home this season.

This will either end up a lucky 2-2 draw for Bohs or a deserved 3-1 victory for the good guys. What I do know is we'll be 2-1 up going into the final ten minutes.

There was a meeting with the players, Matthews has told them he isn't going anywhere and that he has the backing of the board.

None of the players were happy, and he has definitely lost the dressing room.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,499 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Im thinking the same for Bray. Really need to start getting points, cos Shels and UCD will pick some up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,580 ✭✭✭✭CSF

There was a meeting with the players, Matthews has told them he isn't going anywhere and that he has the backing of the board.

Heartbreaking stuff. Gonna be weird listening to Shels on the radio tonight.

Where ya hearing this from?

Shels will be hammered tonight, and in the match after, and in the match after...

:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Pats Sligo has started on RTE Two.

Niall Burdon back in goal for Shels, it will only be a home win by a 4 or 5 goal margin :rolleyes:

Good start for Pats. Sligo been pretty sloppy so far.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,535 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

Dean Delaney is the worst Bohs keeper I've seen in a while. Completely at fault there again.

Dean Delaney is the worst Bohs keeper I've seen in a while. Completely at fault there again.

He kept a clean sheet in Tolka though...

Drogheda 2:0 up

Sligo have been absolutely ****e.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

I can't believe Davoren has just been sent off for that. **** me.

Neil Doyle you idiot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Ebbs

If that is a red card then Ventre should be behind bars for his challenge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,379 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

No wingers. Knew we would lose after I found out Cretaro was out. Connolly and Djilali have both been useless for most of the season.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

That really was an awful decision to send him off. Probably not a pen either.
    Great finish though :)

And now the penalty on top! **** me. I don't think Pats needed any help seeing out this game, considering how **** Sligo have bee, but they are two atrocious decisions.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

Two awful decisions by the ref

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Oh hai guyz

Shocking red card and never a peno (reminds me of something :D) but we dominated them, dont think Sligo had a shot in the game on target. Still dont think we have clicked getting there tho, slowly but surely getting there.

Brennan is quality him Bolger and Russell getting better and better each game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭kksaints

What a win. Some effort put into that match by all the Pats players. Bisto up front never stopped running and held up the ball perfectly. Brennan's peno was coolness personified.

That was never a red card for Davoren.

• Advertisement

kksaints wrote: »
    What a win. Some effort put into that match by all the Pats players. Bisto up front never stopped running and held up the ball perfectly. Brennan's peno was coolness personified.

That was never a red card for Davoren.

:eek:

Naughty FORAS
    A Shelbourne player was down on the pitch injured, but Cork City played on. Daryl Horgan fizzed in a ball from the left side, which Danny Murphy happily stabbed home once the chance arose.

Matthews Out.

The rules of fair play say, if a player is lying on the pitch injured, you should play the ball over the line to have the injured player treated...

But with Shels being 1:0 again, I have to quote Homer Simpson...

Here Rovers, wanna swap managers?

CSF wrote: »
    Here Rovers, wanna swap managers?

Here Shels, why not, it can only get better

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 960 ✭✭✭guttenberg

Derry 2 up:D

The rules of fair play say, if a player is lying on the pitch injured, you should play the ball over the line to have the injured player treated...

But with Shels being 1:0 again, I have to quote Homer Simpson...
    The rules say ya play the whistle. Not saying that Shels didn't, I'm not at the game.

lol

2 **** teams.

We are no better then Shels

YESSSSSSSSSSSSS

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA :cool:

A goal under lucky circumstances on both sides, the point will do me fine.

lol

2 **** teams.

We are no better then Shels
    We will take Dunne off your hands, if you'll take Matthews back?

• Advertisement
Advertisement