Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LOI: League of Ireland Fixtures (Week 9), Apr 19-21, 2013

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

Go on the f**king Reds!!!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

CSF wrote: »
    We will take Dunne off your hands, if you'll take Matthews back?

Dont think either team would notice any difference.:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Lol

Matthews in?

Oh is Elding the lad who played up front for Sligo tonight? He has 8 goals or something? Same lad?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,580 ✭✭✭✭CSF

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Lol

Matthews in?
    No. Never.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

Lol

Matthews in?

Lol

No.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,275 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Whoever made up the idea of injury time is certainly not a City fan....time and time again!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

Lol

Matthews in?

Oh is Elding the lad who played up front for Sligo tonight? He has 8 goals or something? Same lad?

Wishful thinking ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

Another vapid game.:o

City with plenty of chances throughout despite some very poor individual performances. As usual the 2 Daryl's provided what little quality was on show.

To concede so late after Shels doing nothing all game is a real downer.

No time to feel sorry for themselves with Rovers in town on Monday night.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,443 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

Deserved something from Drogheda tonight. Their first goal was a country mile offside in the buildup.
    Good game but that was mainly due to both defences being atrocious. Hopefully Mick Leahy is back for the Shels game in two weeks. It's a shambles without him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,076 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Derry 2 - 1 Rovers.

A bit of a battle, with maybe a draw being a fair result, but I'll take the victory!

We played very well in the 2nd half, esapecially our entire back line, which was superb considering it was a bit of a mish-mash.

Sweaty last few mins after Rovers scored.

Dunno what the **** Rovers did to Killian Brennan but new lease of life and all that.

hes a **** ....but hes our ****.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,076 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Killian gets a lot of stick from the fans up here in Derry too, for some reason he wasn't well liked here.

But I always thought he was an excellent player. Very gifted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Is Harry Kenny involved with St. Pat's now?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

A mate scored the equaliser for Shels, his first goal for them I think. Delighted for him!! Was it a good goal does anyone know?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Good win for Dundalk..maybe they can play all their games away from home? Send Maxi to sort it out.. :pac:

He's in the extra-time lineup as the only striker. Surely you couldn't miss him, he was all the rage a few weeks ago apparently.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭srfc19

Just watched the red card and penalty from the Rovers match. Even more laughable on second watch.

Not that Pats needed help cos we were shocking but they are two absolutely horrendous decisions.

Mars Bar wrote: »
    Is Harry Kenny involved with St. Pat's now?

FAI being a dick about his reisgnation, hes our coach for the last 4 months.

Sad that but hey FAI at its finest.

So this Elding lad? did he play tonight?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭Peppa Pig

Another betting inquiry at HD Park tonight. PP refusing to pay out. Apparently hundreds of Drogs fans backed Gary O'Neill to score.

He has (supposedly) scored more goals in the last 3 weeks than he did for Rovers :eek:
    He was class tonight. If we could get our defence in check we'd repeat last season.

Peppa Pig wrote: »
    Another betting inquiry at HD Park tonight. PP refusing to pay out. Apparently hundreds of Drogs fans backed Gary O'Neill to score.

He has (supposedly) scored more goals in the last 3 weeks than he did for Rovers :eek:
    He was class tonight. If we could get our defence in check we'd repeat last season.
    Paddy Power need to stop that ****.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

How many times is that Cork have conceded a last minute goal to draw or lose a game? You would expect a defence that is marshalled by Dan Murray not to have problems with concentration.

A win for Limerick on Sunday in Bray and we go into the top half, woop woop!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭10green bottles

dfx- wrote: »
    Good win for Dundalk..maybe they can play all their games away from home? Send Maxi to sort it out.. :pa
    e.
    Maxi i have time for.Nice lad .Dundalk win in a hack canter against a very poor Bohs side.We will bide our time and then spring forth next season to win this bloody thing and dominate then for years after.
    Watch us,we are back.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

You don't have Elding though..

CSF wrote: »
    Paddy Power need to stop that ****.
    It's a joke. :o
    I'll try to be less subtle next time. :D

It's a joke. :o
    I'll try to be less subtle next time. :D

Try be ALOT less subtle haha. I'd have never guessed.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

dan1895 wrote: »
    I'll go out on a limb and say Shels will lose.

Ha!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

FAI being a dick about his reisgnation, hes our coach for the last 4 months.

Sad that but hey FAI at its finest.

So this Elding lad? did he play tonight?

Yeah that all happened when he was coaching us in FAS. They are cutting coaches and DO's all sides so they are.

dan1895 wrote: »
    Ha!

Exactly ;)

And I was the only one, who predicted the 1:1 in the prediction game, was I?

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Never seen away fans to Turners Cross ARRIVE in a Paddywagon before :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

dfx- wrote: »
    You don't have Elding though..
    If I were you I'd be more worried about your own club going from European group stages to a solid mid table outfit over the course of two years than our striker not scoring in a week.

We were awful again though. Injuries have left us with the bare bones but still no excuse for being that bad. Made Pats look unreal last night.

Special mention to Neil Doyle for being an outrageous ****. We might just have scraped our way back in to it. Now we're missing another player next week which is the last thing we need.

Still have total faith we'll win the league.

Terrible when a peno is given against you isnt it? Luckily we have never had a problem with a dubious peno given against us.

• Advertisement

Terrible when a peno is given against you isnt it? Luckily we have never had a problem with a dubious peno given against us.

Don't know, what's more annoying, a dubious penno or a stone wall one, because your defenders are clumsy...

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,535 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

Dunno what the **** Rovers did to Killian Brennan but new lease of life and all that.

hes a **** ....but hes our ****.

Did similar against Drogs when he was playing with us. 90th minute, score was 1-1 at the time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

gimmick wrote: »
    Its ok Shells fans - ye are playing us in 2 weeks time. We will go one up in the first half and destroy ye with possession in the 2nd half. Ye will soak it up, hit us on the counter and get at least a draw. Your goals will come after the 87th minute as our players think it is an 85 minute game.

Til then, I shall continue enjoying the comedy you are providing the league.

I posted the above on April 2nd. Apart from us scoring in the first half, pretty accurate I think :mad:

We were unbelievably bad last night again. The manager obviously does not have the respect of his players. He is bellowing from the sideline and they are ignoring him. Same every week.

To concede how we did last night was shameful. We had the ball at their corner flag one minute before the goal went in.

We got what we deserved last night. Too many average players, no tactics, poor subs and Denis Behan getting 90 minutes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Ebbs

AgileMyth wrote: »
    Special mention to Neil Doyle for being an outrageous ****. We might just have scraped our way back in to it. Now we're missing another player next week which is the last thing we need.

Still have total faith we'll win the league.

In fairness ventre was very lucky to be on the pitch at that stage. He should have been sent off long before. With no shots on goal and all around average you're starting to look like us. Djali (sp) was terrible. You can see even when a player plays bad that he has a bit of something in him but he was just awful.

I can see the game next friday being like The Simpsons version of football, pass side to side all game from both teams.

I saw Djiali play a friendly pre season and reckoned he'd be player of the year. He had everything. Unbelievable touch and spraying balls across the park. Unfortunatley he ****ed off and sent his brother over or something.

We were missing Ndo, Conneely, Cretaro, Greene and North last night. We badly need some of them back in before the Shams and Derry games.

AgileMyth wrote: »
    We were missing Ndo, Conneely, Cretaro, Greene and North last night. We badly need some of them back in before the Shams and Derry games.
    I hope none of them will be back on Monday?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭upandcumming

LTFC beat a woeful Athlone in a dull El Clasico! Dave O'Sullivan at it again! Unstoppable!

I hope none of them will be back on Monday?
    That ones as good as over. Just hope we can get back to normal for the other game against ye.

All of the above plus Keane should be out.

Keane still think Russell elbowed him?

• Advertisement

Keane still think Russell elbowed him?
    Na he broke his own nose for the craic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,499 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Apparently Bray starting with 2 up front. Hopefully thatll mean a somewhat positive result.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Limerick up 1-0

Axel Bossekota

2-0 now

Axel bossekota again

3-0 now Shane Tracey Free Kick

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭Tallaght Saint

Limerick will go ahead of Rovers in the table it looks...

• Advertisement

4-0 Another Shane Tracey Free Kick

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Bray no world beaters, but Limerick proving me and few others wrong so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,499 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Last time I predict anything hopeful for Bray. May be better that I'll be spending my time at Turners Cross moreso from next week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Haven't been on so bit late commenting on that Bohs "performance" on Friday.

Absolutely dreadful stuff. That first half was one of the worst I've seen from Bohs in a long time. Failed to get anything basic right. Passing was sloppy, movement off the ball was non existent and communication from players was lacking.

Surely the time for Delany to be dropped is now. He's been consistently shaky but Friday night was taking the piss. Think he must've been scared to come off his goal line in case he got a nose bleed. Can't seem to organise his defence at all and I nearly shít myself every time the opposition take a shot against him. In fairness he did make one or two good saves but he's been pretty dreadful from what I've seen. Surely Murray couldn't do any worse.

Second half we looked ok for 10 minutes when Lyons (clearly not match fit after his injury) came on. It was a risk Callaghan had to take and I applaud him for doing so. Going forward we look ok at times but we seem to over complicate things in front of goal. Always looking for that extra pass instead of shooting when space is available to do so.

Very disappointing result which left a few people around me shouting for Callaghan to be sacked which is just fúcking ridiculous imo.

The man isn't above criticism by any stretch but his tactics on Friday left a real bitter taste in the mouth. His philosophy of how he wants to play is admirable but when you don't have the players who can play to that system and you don't have a plan b to play it becomes slightly worrying. Sligo and Derry were defeats I could handle given the nature of how we played but to lose in the manner we did against Dundalk was just awful.

The pitch seems to be getting a bit better and we're getting decent enough weather at the moment so there's only so long you can blame the state of the grass.

I appreciate that the team are quite young but you can only blame a youthful squad for so long. They're bound to make mistakes. They're young. But if you can't set them up to play the way they can then it may become a long season for us this season.

I hope this is just a blip because I want to support Callaghan but home form needs to change drastically because we can't rely on Shels and UCD to perform badly all season and scrape by.

Bray on Friday is a must win game in my books and hopefully the players/coaching staff treat it as such.

Advertisement