Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Disabling a gard hkc securewatch

Options
  • 18-04-2013 9:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭

Hi there,
    I'm getting a new front door installed and the sales guy said I would need to disable my alarm as it is currently over my existing door. My alarm is a hkc gard securewatch.

Is entering my security code enough to disable the alarm or will I need to call an engineer out to do it?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,719 ✭✭✭✭altor

Hi there,
    I'm getting a new front door installed and the sales guy said I would need to disable my alarm as it is currently over my existing door. My alarm is a hkc gard securewatch.

Is entering my security code enough to disable the alarm or will I need to call an engineer out to do it?

Thanks

Yes, when you open the sensor to remove it just enter your user code to stop the alarm activating.

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭strangel00p

altor wrote: »
    Yes, when you open the sensor to remove it just enter your user code to stop the alarm activating.

Thanks for replying altor,
    so when i move the sensor, I just enter my user code into the usual control panel beside my door and that's it - no bells or panic!

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

When you open the sensor the alarm may sound. If it does just enter your user code to silence it.
    Make a note of the wiring if you have to disconnect it. Taking a photo is a good idea to ensure you have no problems when rewiring it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,719 ✭✭✭✭altor

Thanks for replying altor,
    so when i move the sensor, I just enter my user code into the usual control panel beside my door and that's it - no bells or panic!

Your welcome, there should be no need to disconnect all the wiring in the sensor.
    Just disconnect the sensor and magnet from the door and frame.

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭strangel00p

thanks for the advice. much appreciated.

• Advertisement
Advertisement