Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Former DUP candidate jailed for sectarian pipe-bomb attack.

• 18-04-2013 9:09pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,096 ✭✭✭

The one thing that really annoys a lot of people about Unionists, in a similar way to Thatcher, is that they are prone to self-righteous condemnation while having their own skeletons in the closet and enough blood on their own hands. I wonder though how much this attack was sectarian and how much of it was based around hatred of anyone or anything "strange"- would he have also been happy trying to murder a Romanian Evangelical for instance?

http://www.newsletter.co.uk/news/regional/former-dup-candidate-jailed-for-sectarian-pipe-bomb-attack-1-5013277

The fact that is man found a political home in the DUP raises serious questions about the party.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,798 ✭✭✭karma_

This isn't even the best story out of the North today. The rebuff of the DUP by the RBL I thought was a far more worthy topic of debate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 656 ✭✭✭TOMASJ

karma_ wrote: »
    This isn't even the best story out of the North today. The rebuff of the DUP by the RBL I thought was a far more worthy topic of debate.
    Not to mention also in todays news,
    the DUPs Paul Givan having to apoologise to the former ombudsman Nula O Loan and settling for a five figure sum, after a row with her on a UTV pregame,
    But the best bit of all, the costs were all covered by insurance provided free of charge by Stormont.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,219 ✭✭✭woodoo

karma_ wrote: »
    The rebuff of the DUP by the RBL I thought was a far more worthy topic of debate.

That was a massive embarrassment for the DUP alright, the RBL were basically saying stop using british military dead as a political football.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭gallag

Good, another potential murderer of our streets. Only place for people who still believe in bombing people into submission.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,565 ✭✭✭southsiderosie

The one thing that really annoys a lot of people about Unionists, in a similar way to Thatcher, is that they are prone to self-righteous condemnation while having their own skeletons in the closet and enough blood on their own hands. I wonder though how much this attack was sectarian and how much of it was based around hatred of anyone or anything "strange"- would he have also been happy trying to murder a Romanian Evangelical for instance?

http://www.newsletter.co.uk/news/regional/former-dup-candidate-jailed-for-sectarian-pipe-bomb-attack-1-5013277

The fact that is man found a political home in the DUP raises serious questions about the party.

I'm confused. What do his mental health issues have to do with his allowing pipe bombs to be made in his house? SMH.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭RMD

Thankfully this man is off the streets. On another note, as a non-biased observer it's equally annoying to see Republicans hold their party above that of the DUP when many representatives involved in both have shady histories to put it lightly.

Advertisement