Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Have re-editable rotated text in GIMP

Options
  • 18-04-2013 9:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭

I can add text in GIMP and rotate it 90 degrees so it is vertical. But I cannot then edit this again without it rotating back to where it was.

I want to create mulitple images with different text in the same place, and want it in the exact same place.

I have also done text along a vertical path but cannot see how to edit it.

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

I don't use GIMP much, but I think the text tool is not as sophisticated as Photoshop's and doesn't yet have this functionality. It might be worth looking at another FOSS editor, like inkscape. Since it's vector based you may have more control over the text.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Cheers, I think if I had a font where the text was sideways I could do it. I would create a text box and have it stretched the wrong way, narrow horizontally & long vertically. So a normal font would like the one on the left below, and changing that text to a special rotated font would be the right.

file.php?id=43&t=1

Advertisement