Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Conman going around Navan

Options
  • 18-04-2013 10:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭

There's a man going around the Navan area posing as some sort of Insurance broker. He's very forward and tries to come in the door as he introduces himself. We closed the door on him straight away, but we were talking to a neighbour who had let him in. She was sold on his deal and was filling in forms but felt kind of weary about it. She asked him a few questions and got conflicting answers. She asked for the forms back which he refused, but she snatched it back. She asked him to produce ID which he did. She grabbed it to take a look at and he promptly left.

Be on alert.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

This isn't the first time I've heard of this. Years ago while trying to work in the garage these 2 called up in a Focus and tried the same rubbish with insurance this bla bla bla.... They just wouldn't let me get a word in or go! :mad:

It took the arrival of my dad to finally get rid of them.

So I hope after hearing about incidents like that people will be naturally on guard :)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

I can never understand how people buy financial services, insurance etc. from some bloke who calls to the door. Personally I'd never entertain that and it's taking a big risk letting someone into your home who claims to be from some company you've never heard of.

Advertisement