Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stange and wonderful things you notice about star trek

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

Knine wrote: »
    Oh they did. In one of the films First Contact Geordi was following the guy who invented Warp Drive around and he wanted to go for a leak!

And if you remember his reaction, this was a totally foreign concept to Geordi.

"Ohhh.. A leak! Haha... How primitive"

;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭Kurn

LMAO I did mean more on a ship, even in the bathroom scenes there is no sign of a bog

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Goodshape wrote: »
    And if you remember his reaction, this was a totally foreign concept to Geordi.

"Ohhh.. A leak! Haha... How primitive"

;-)

Nah, was more along the lines of:

"Leak? I'm not detecting any leak. Oohhh, haha, that's pretty funny!" Not a foreign concept, just more like the word leak was humorous to him.

I think in one of the Starfleet tech manuals, it explains that everything on the ship is recycled, everything ;)

EnterNow wrote: »
    Nah, was more along the lines of:

"Leak? I'm not detecting any leak. Oohhh, haha, that's pretty funny!" Not a foreign concept, just more like the word leak was humorous to him.

I know, was only joking :)
    I think in one of the Starfleet tech manuals, it explains that everything on the ship is recycled, everything ;)
    I'd say so, actually. Sure they do the same with urine on the International Space Station today. Cleaned and recycled into drinking water.

Not sure what they do with "solid waste" on the I.S.S. but I'd imagine they'd find a use for it on 23rd/24th century star ship. Fertiliser maybe?

Regardless though... they still have to make the deposit somewhere ;-)

Goodshape wrote: »
    INot sure what they do with "solid waste" on the I.S.S. but I'd imagine they'd find a use for it on 23rd/24th century star ship. Fertiliser maybe?

Regardless though... they still have to make the deposit somewhere ;-)

As far as I know, its actually used as one of the sources of matter for the replicators. I could be wrong, & I hope I am, but I think replicators give out part-reconstituted poo poo :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

EnterNow wrote: »
    As far as I know, its actually used as one of the sources of matter for the replicators. I could be wrong, & I hope I am, but I think replicators give out part-reconstituted poo poo :(

I think you're correct, I'm fairly sure I read the same thing somewhere.

Can't find a video for it but Trip also had to answer a 'poop' question in Breaking the Ice.

• Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭Kurn

• Registered Users Posts: 4,906 ✭✭✭SarahBM

johnmryan wrote: »

ah here, I love chocolate too but Troi is ridiculous!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭Cossax

Kirby wrote: »
    That ship death animation that popped up in every large battle of DS9 involving the dominion. You know the one.

A phaser beam originates from the bottom of the screen and blows a hole through the saucer section of the ship......and the ship flips over towards to camera. They must have used it four times in total. :p

They re-used plenty of space battle scenes in DS9, got a bit ridiculous at time TBH. I suppose they spent so much on Sacrifice of Angels that they had to get their money's worth!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭crazyderk

in regards to the bathroom situation

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,177 ✭✭✭nyarlothothep

You know what I cant forget, the borg in Q who, when he takes the thing out of his fallen comrade's chest in engineering he stands up and makes a somewhat self important hmph noise, which I thought wasnt in keeping with the borg being mindless automatons.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Beanstalk

Hah watching through ds9 season 1 and came across the episode where Rumplestiltskin tells o'brien that he was onced chased by a farmer from Derry...

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭eh2010

I love noticeing how they reuse sets and props. I remember in the thinktank episode in Voyager there was a robot that made beeping noises. I've seen that same prop used loads of times.

eh2010 wrote: »
    I love noticeing how they reuse sets and props. I remember in the thinktank episode in Voyager there was a robot that made beeping noises. I've seen that same prop used loads of times.

I enjoy noticing things like that too. Some of the ten-forward wall tiles were in an episode of Voyager, Ex Post Facto I think. Exact same, just a different colour

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭downwithpeace

You know what I cant forget, the borg in Q who, when he takes the thing out of his fallen comrade's chest in engineering he stands up and makes a somewhat self important hmph noise, which I thought wasnt in keeping with the borg being mindless automatons.

I watched that episode the other day and only noticed it then, it was a bit strange.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 332 ✭✭mr lee

no matter where the enterprise get hit from another ship,sparks always fly out from a console on the bridge,
    the transporters always go down when there needed and they always get them back online at a critical moment to save the day,
    i still love star trek though and i wish they could bring back data somehow

• Registered Users Posts: 24,512 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

mr lee wrote: »
    i still love star trek though and i wish they could bring back data somehow

they do in the non-canon books. He downloaded himself into whatever that other android they found called himself, One?

He goes on to captain the enterprise after Picard retires.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 332 ✭✭mr lee

i haven't read any of books so im not sure what you mean by non -canon,do you have any names of the books,i tried looking on amazon for them but i dont what to look for,theres a lot of choices there.

mr lee wrote: »
    i haven't read any of books so im not sure what you mean by non -canon

Non canon is fan written/expanded universe material & isn't considered 'official'. A new film/episode can easily overwrite anything written in non canon. Canon is proper, official material.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,906 ✭✭✭SarahBM

Data's brother was called B4 - very clever.
    I have noticed that Picard gives half his time in every episode to pulling down his uniform top. it always seems to ride up and he is constantly fixing it. you would have think that over the 7 years of the show and in the subsequent films the wardrobe department might have figured out a solution to this problem! - just a thought.

• Advertisement

SarahBM wrote: »
    Data's brother was called B4 - very clever.
    Awful. Awful awful awful.
    I have noticed that Picard gives half his time in every episode to pulling down his uniform top. it always seems to ride up and he is constantly fixing it.

The Picard Maneuver :)

Advertisement