Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ebuyer not delivering to ireland

Options
  • 18-04-2013 11:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭

found an absolute bargain on ebuyer.com then i seen they don't deliver to ireland :(

42" tv for 375
    http://www.ebuyer.com/367915-lg-42cs460-42in-lcd-tv-42cs460

anybody know any deals like that in ireland/ or somewhere that delivers to ireland?

cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,447 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 4,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭deconduo

coylemj wrote: »

A 42' TV might be a bit big for parcelmotel. Their largest size limit is 41 X 38 X 64 cm

deconduo wrote: »
    A 42' TV might be a bit big for parcelmotel. Their largest size limit is 41 X 38 X 64 cm

Fair point. To be honest I wouldn't dream of buying such a bulky item from the UK or further afield because of the difficulties of sending it back for a warranty claim.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 4,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭deconduo

darego wrote: »
    found an absolute bargain on ebuyer.com then i seen they don't deliver to ireland :(

42" tv for 375
    http://www.ebuyer.com/367915-lg-42cs460-42in-lcd-tv-42cs460

anybody know any deals like that in ireland/ or somewhere that delivers to ireland?

cheers

Maybe something like this:

http://www.aria.co.uk/SuperSpecials/Other+products/Hannspree+40%22+SE40LMNB+Widescreen+LED+TV+?productId=54892

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,398 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

I wonder if An Posts new service will allow purchases from eBuyer?

Addresspal

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

I wonder if An Posts new service will allow purchases from eBuyer?

Addresspal

Whether they do or not, it's a service that holds no attraction for me. You have to pick up from a post office which means you can't pick up at lunchtime when they're closed (13:00 to 14:15) and you'd have to avoid certain days of the week i.e. dole/pension day and children's allowance day when there's likely to be a queue out the door.

There's a permanent queue in most post offices these days whereas in my local An Post distribution depot I can wheel up, park the car and there's hardly ever someone in front of me at the counter. Why they're doing the drop at post offices is beyond me.

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭tony glenn

coylemj wrote: »
    Whether they do or not, it's a service that holds no attraction for me. You have to pick up from a post office which means you can't pick up at lunchtime when they're closed (13:00 to 14:15) and you'd have to avoid certain days of the week i.e. dole/pension day and children's allowance day when there's likely to be a queue out the door.

There's a permanent queue in most post offices these days whereas in my local An Post distribution depot I can wheel up, park the car and there's hardly ever someone in front of me at the counter. Why they're doing the drop at post offices is beyond me.
    Plus there's another sneaky catch...check the terms and conditions for the size restrictions. I've bought a pile of instruments in from the UK over the years, and size has never been a problem, or even queried (guitars, banjos etc). So when I signed up for Address pal, it didn't cross my mind to even think about sizes. Now there's a package on it's way which is going to cost me 25 euro on top of the normal fee. It's 40mm too wide. My fault for not reading the small print, but I think it should have been highlighted when signing up.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,748 ✭✭✭degsie

eBuyer dont do free delivery to a NI addresses, something to watch out for when using PM.

degsie wrote: »
    eBuyer dont do free delivery to a NI addresses, something to watch out for when using PM.

+1 You also have to be careful when buying from Amazon UK because if it's not being fulfilled (i.e. dispatched) by Amazon, there's often restrictions on where the indie retailers will ship to and 'free UK delivery' doesn't always include NI i.e. it will sometimes be 'UK Mainland' in the Ts & Cs.

• Advertisement
Advertisement