Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post not showing

Options
  • 18-04-2013 11:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,041 ✭✭✭

I made a post in the Boston Marathon Bombing thread in AH.

This is the post: Post #2001

The post doesn't show when I have the "Number of Posts to Show Per Page" option set to "Show 40 Posts Per Page" but it does show when I have it set to "Forum Default".

On "Show 40 Posts Per Page" it should display either as the last post of Page 50 or the first post of Page 51. Instead it disappears.

It did display the post in the "Last Post" column of the main Forum Display page regardless of the Posts Per Page option.

(Apologies if this is the wrong forum, please move it if it is.)

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,244 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Shows normally for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,041 ✭✭✭Seachmall

Spear wrote: »
    Shows normally for me.

What page can you see it on?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,244 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Seachmall wrote: »
    What page can you see it on?

134 for me, default posts per page.

Spear wrote: »
    134 for me, default posts per page.

It displays correctly with "Default Posts Per Page".

It doesn't display when "Show 40 Posts Per Page" is selected. It should be at the bottom of page 50 or the top of page 51 but it's on neither.

Seachmall wrote: »
    It displays correctly with "Default Posts Per Page".

It doesn't display when "Show 40 Posts Per Page" is selected. It should be at the bottom of page 50 or the top of page 51 but it's on neither.

I didn't pick up on that bit clearly enough. I can replicate this as well, post 2001 appears as someone else's on the 40 posts per page setting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,302 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

It shows as post # 2,000 at the bottom of page 50 on 40 posts per page. Presumably someone's earlier post was deleted.

Zaph wrote: »
    It shows as post # 2,000 at the bottom of page 50 on 40 posts per page. Presumably someone's earlier post was deleted.

For me Post #2000 on the bottom of Page 50 is a post by the user SRFC (this post).

I can't see my post on either page.

Is it OK to leave the issue here or should I PM one of the Dev team to make them aware of it? It's obviously not urgent but I'm not sure what normal procedure is.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,302 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

That's very strange, I can see that as post 1999, immediately above your post.

I'll move this thread to Site Development and maybe one of the guys can have a look at it, but as far as I'm concerned there's no problem with your post.

Here's a screen of what I see on both pages with "Show 40 Posts Per Page" set.

OxOw7Ye.png

Browser: Chrome 21.0.1180.90

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭Boards.ie: Danny

Cheers, I can confirm I too am experiencing the issue. I've filed this in our bug tracker and we'll get to it as soon as we can.

Danny

• Advertisement

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement