Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Starting a coffe shop - donations

Options
  • 18-04-2013 11:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Welcome,

Togather with my friends we are planning to set a up a cafe bar in City Center of Dublin. We have a plan and everything that is needed, but we were wondering if there are any donations that we might use. We heard that we might get a donation for every employee as we're lowering umemployment in the country or something similar to this.

I would be glad if someone could tell me something more about such donations or at least provide a link where I can find out about it.

I'm looking forward for quick response.

Greetings
    Jacob

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭bigneacy

MOD Snip- Not a very helpful comment and also a tad condescending.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭Jarren

• Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭bigneacy

Jarren wrote: »

Jarren, I understand you're trying to be helpful, but no enterprise board is going to award a grant to a start-up cafe in an already saturated industry.

There are very specific guidelines under which they award grants. This isn't applicable here.

OP- are you referring to the job bridge scheme or something similar?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,269 ✭✭✭DubTony

There will be some sort of reduced employer PRSI payments starting (I think) in July, if you take employees off the dole. But for that kind of business there's nothing else.

Advertisement