Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving to Waterford

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭wellboytoo

Pmaher wrote: »
    Any Waterford people I've met are all the same: starting rumours and avoiding each other. Even other people I've met who moved there to work say it's a dump. Full of ex-factory workers and bitter older people bad-mouthing each other. Famous Waterford phrases: "Don't be smart" and "Stay away from him boy". No-one in the rest of Ireland gives a **** about Waterford. And unlike other nearby counties no-one from Waterford brags about living there.
    I was going to give you a bollicking for such a dreadful negative provocative post, but on viewing your other posts and on seeing your into rap I'll leave you alone you've enough problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭comeraghs

Waterford is the best city in Ireland for eating out, Can't be beaten for choice or value.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 RumMonkey

I am an American and have lived here for 19 years. I definitely recommend the Dunmore Road area. Seaside towns of Tramore and Dunmore East are just 15 minutes away in either direction.

Yes, there are many differences between USA and Ireland (weather, gas prices, shopping choices, price of goods). But hopefully you are moving here for the experiences and are willing to embrace those differences for your short stay here.

What's wonderful is that you are right on Europe's doorstep - so much to see and do.

Also, I would recommend health insurance. It's sooo much cheaper than in the states. You may not need it but should something happen you will be glad to have it.

And as far as wine there is a wine shop called World Wide Wine on the Dunmore road.

Good luck with your move and enjoy Waterford!

Advertisement