Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Plassey Residents Association

• 19-04-2013 2:03am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭

Looks like the the permanent residents of Milford Grange and Elm Park have had enough with the students.
    Hope no one here lives in any of these houses

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

In other news, residents of Milford Grange and Elm Park were seen heading towards UL with a large brush and a giant tin of paint.

EDIT: Or should that be barrel of tar... :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

I'm getting a strange inkling it might be some person's idea of a joke. Not sure why though. Are there currently any resident association meetings? Who is putting themselves out there as responsible for this page? I'm just suspicious to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭Cossax

Cydoniac wrote: »
    I'm getting a strange inkling it might be some person's idea of a joke. Not sure why though. Are there currently any resident association meetings? Who is putting themselves out there as responsible for this page? I'm just suspicious to be honest.

There is a PRA but I'm not aware if they're currently meeting.
    If it is a fake, they went to a bit of effort and expense to print up and deliver the leaflet - as well as throwing people off a bit by mentioning the Tidy Towns.
    Their attitude is pretty childish, would be disappointed if I found out one of my neighbours was behind the more petty language of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭snausages

I'm finding it hard to see the problem tbh.

snausages wrote: »
    I'm finding it hard to see the problem tbh.

The only issue I have with it is that it assumes that students living in those estates don't give a toss about the area. There was a post on the FB page that summed it up pretty well, saying something along the lines of "I was going to go to the clean up evening, but I'm not a "PERMANENT resident" so I guess I wouldn't be welcome?"

It draws a distinction between permanent residents and students, as opposed to drawing the distinction between residents and idiots.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭freyners

Feeling its a piss take, a status about hurlers cannot be serious

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭trouttrout

freyners wrote: »
    Feeling its a piss take, a status about hurlers cannot be serious

Sadly it's not. Know one of the "concerned residents" through a friend. All very real.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭snausages

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    The only issue I have with it is that it assumes that students living in those estates don't give a toss about the area. There was a post on the FB page that summed it up pretty well, saying something along the lines of "I was going to go to the clean up evening, but I'm not a "PERMANENT resident" so I guess I wouldn't be welcome?"

It draws a distinction between permanent residents and students, as opposed to drawing the distinction between residents and idiots.

It's a little tactless maybe but I don't see any major problem with dedicating a page to permanent residents in the area given that it's an aspect of their everyday reality. All it seems to me is that people are trying to stir a bit of e-drama and looking for things to be offended by.

"The unnecessary use of caps lock for the word PERMANENT genuinely offends me."

Pff, yeah ok :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭freyners

trouttrout wrote: »
    Sadly it's not. Know one of the "concerned residents" through a friend. All very real.

oh dear, in that case its just pathetic

My sympathy goes out to the families in the estates, they do have to put up with a lot of crap but the page itself is incredibly stupid. The only thing its managing to do is have the piss taken outta it and raise a few peoples hackles.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

You must be joking

• Advertisement

Jester252 wrote: »
    You must be joking

Nope, page is legit alright. Sad enough, thought it was a joke myself

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭seen2Bgreen

That FB page isnt genuine. The residents assoc dont know anything about it so ignore it, and i have that info from a committee member.
    She told me they couldnt care less whether residents are permanent or not, as long as they respect the area. In fact most students dont cause any trouble, just a few. But if they leave bottles cans and litter in their garden of course the residents (permanent or otherwise) will get annoyed. Who wants to live beside a house that looks like a dump? take a walk around and there's a litter issue with some houses on every street, cars destroying grass verges, curtains pulled down, houses mudballed etc. I'm not a "permanent" resident but i can understand their frustration. Some of the landlords are as much to blame.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

That FB page isnt genuine. The residents assoc dont know anything about it so ignore it, and i have that info from a committee member.
    She told me they couldnt care less whether residents are permanent or not, as long as they respect the area. In fact most students dont cause any trouble, just a few. But if they leave bottles cans and litter in their garden of course the residents (permanent or otherwise) will get annoyed. Who wants to live beside a house that looks like a dump? take a walk around and there's a litter issue with some houses on every street, cars destroying grass verges, curtains pulled down, houses mudballed etc. I'm not a "permanent" resident but i can understand their frustration. Some of the landlords are as much to blame.
    I suspected as much. John Cambridge?

Guessing by some of the latest posts that's a good guess.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭mid

Jester252 wrote: »
    You must be joking
    Jester252, when you posted the link to the facebook page it had 6 'likes', how did you find it?

If you wanted it would be easy to work out who created it as the person who created it is probably a friend, or a friend of your facebook friend.

Nope!

The latest update was just brilliant. :)

mid wrote: »
    Jester252, when you posted the link to the facebook page it had 6 'likes', how did you find it?

If you wanted it would be easy to work out who created it as the person who created it is probably a friend, or a friend of your facebook friend.

Good luck with that mate. TST is were I found it.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭seen2Bgreen

whos john cambridge?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭Chris Martin

whos john cambridge?

The question on everyone's tongues... :P

• Advertisement
Advertisement