Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Swimming Pools In The City

• 19-04-2013 3:44am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭

Hello all.

I'm a student in Mary I and I'm taking up swimming after giving it up since starting college.

As for pools, the best I could come up with is the one in the Clarion, which is only 12 meters. It's very close to the college but I'm afraid you'd be doing more turning than swimming in a pool that size? :(

Anyone have any recommendations? Preferably within a twenty minute walk from the Mary I area.

Thanks!

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭angeldaisy

There's a pool in the dooradoyle health club opposite the crescent shopping centre.

Not sure what the membership is like

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭elmolesto

There is 20m pool in the Strand but it's not cheap ( 180€/3months ).

It is a nice facility though.

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭MilfordBud

13spanner wrote: »
    Hello all.

I'm a student in Mary I and I'm taking up swimming after giving it up since starting college.

As for pools, the best I could come up with is the one in the Clarion, which is only 12 meters. It's very close to the college but I'm afraid you'd be doing more turning than swimming in a pool that size? :(

Anyone have any recommendations? Preferably within a twenty minute walk from the Mary I area.

Thanks!

Mary I used to run a bus over to the UL pool a few years back. It was direct, might be worth asking about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭fl4pj4ck

Greenhills on Ennis Rd has 20m one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,942 ✭✭✭topper75

Corbally/Shannon Banks bus from centre will run you by Grove Island. I believe it runs from outside Arthur's Quay Park. Check out their facebook page for pool times. Would be a 10/15 min walk from Debenhams. Pay as you go or monthly membership options might suit you.

• Advertisement
Advertisement