Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2013 Canada Visa refusal due to having a 2010 via

Options
  • 19-04-2013 4:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Hello i would like if someone could help me!

I have just received a message from my CIC saying

"This letter refers to your application for a Work Permit.
    Your application as requested is refused.
    Due to the frequency of participation regulation for this program for citizens of Ireland your applications been refused"

I was told that because i had another visa in 2010 before the new programme came out that i would be initialed to the 2yr visa. As you see i have been refused! I would like to see if anyone else has received this message and if so do you know any further steps i can take too maybe fight this?

Thanks guys :-D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭TechnoPool

coraxx wrote: »
    Hello i would like if someone could help me!

I have just received a message from my CIC saying

"This letter refers to your application for a Work Permit.
    Your application as requested is refused.
    Due to the frequency of participation regulation for this program for citizens of Ireland your applications been refused"

I was told that because i had another visa in 2010 before the new programme came out that i would be initialed to the 2yr visa. As you see i have been refused! I would like to see if anyone else has received this message and if so do you know any further steps i can take too maybe fight this?

Thanks guys :-D

I was here on the same Usit Visa and also had one year on the IEC visa. I applied again this year under the new system and was refused for the same reason. Alas thats the case and nothing can be done about it.

Luckily work did an LMO for me and i have two more years.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭m.j.w

Was the visa you got through usit not an iec visa and therefore you are on your second one now? Whoever told you you were entitled to a new visa was probably wrong. Anyone who had used only one Iec visa previously can get a new visa and therefore get three years but if you were to get a new one that would give you 4 years. Maybe im completly worng though.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 DawnieH

Hi I'm wondering can anyone shed any light on this for me....I was in Canada last year under the IEC Inititaive, I have only had one year in Canada to date. I applied for a year in Canada before with USIT however due to personal circumstances did not go. I have been refused a work permit due to the frequency of participation regulation. Do I have any grounds of appeal here? Seems unfair, I have only had one year in Canada?? Thanks!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,021 ✭✭✭bopper

DawnieH wrote: »
    Hi I'm wondering can anyone shed any light on this for me....I was in Canada last year under the IEC Inititaive, I have only had one year in Canada to date. I applied for a year in Canada before with USIT however due to personal circumstances did not go. I have been refused a work permit due to the frequency of participation regulation. Do I have any grounds of appeal here? Seems unfair, I have only had one year in Canada?? Thanks!!

Were you actually granted a visa when you applied with USIT?

If you were I'm afraid I don't think there's anything you can do. Once you've been given a visa that counts as your participation in the programme. Whether you chose to use it or not doesn't matter.

It's so long ago now, I don't remember how far we actually went with it. As far as I remeber we lost the fee anyway- so we had paid for it. I'll have to look into it I guess - I don't remember getting a letter of introduction. Sucks if that's the case though! Thanks for your reply :D

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

I participated in 2007/2008 in IEC, but I thought the rules changed and you could apply again no?

I thought so....I'm not really sure where to go from here,have you applied this year? I don't know whether to apply again and state that I have actually only participated once? does anyone know the best way way forward?I know they may just refuse me again and count my previous application as participation but maybe there is some way around it?it's worth a try anyways nothing left to lose really, thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭CatMc48

DawnieH wrote: »
    I thought so....I'm not really sure where to go from here,have you applied this year? I don't know whether to apply again and state that I have actually only participated once? does anyone know the best way way forward?I know they may just refuse me again and count my previous application as participation but maybe there is some way around it?it's worth a try anyways nothing left to lose really, thanks

You'll probably have to look into work sponsorship or immigrating through your skills.

Once you have been granted a visa, this is seen as a participation, whether you choose to activate it or not. It's the same for all countries - you have a certain length of time to activate them, and if you don't then they're still seen as used.

With this new 2 year IEC Visa, you could participate in it if you had previously been in Canada either with USIT or IEC prior to this application. But only if that previous participation didn't exceed 12mths. So in total you could get 3 years if you're successful again this year.

Hope this helps clarify things a little bit!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

This is from the IEC site:

Previously, Irish citizens were permitted to participate twice, each time up to 12 months. Starting 2013, Irish citizens who had participated in the International Experience Canada initiative (including through USIT) for a period of up to 12 months will be eligible for another participation of up to 24 months. Those who had participated in the International Experience Canada initiative (including through USIT) more than once (i.e., beyond 12 months) will not be eligible.

but I think ye have already cleared it up.

Thanks! Can anyone please advise if they know someone who has gone the Provincial Nominee Program route? I'm not sure if it is necessary to hire someone to help with this? Or if it is doable myself? :) Anyone any experience with this or know someone who did this themselves? :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭againstthetide

Do-able yourself.
    Which province ?
    I am currently working on SINP

Do-able yourself.
    Which province ?
    I am currently working on SINP

Nmcxf

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭againstthetide

Dunno that one

Sorry Province is BC!!

Hi Guys, just following up on the below can anyone advise which route is better the BC PNP or CEC? Does anyone know how strict they are regarding the one year work experience for the CEC? I can go the BC PNP route my boss is slow on getting back to me so I would nearly prefer go the CEC route. I only had a one year work permit so it means I literally had to be working from the day I arrived to the day it expired to qualify fot the CEC. Every avenue I look at there seems to be a problem! :( Would a letter from my boss suffice stating I worked from the day I arrived to the expiry of my permit or will they look for more proof? Thanks guys my head is wrecked with this :(

Advertisement