Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help needed for new pc

Options
  • 19-04-2013 9:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭

Hi everybody, as my laptop got stolen right before i moved to ireland and i did not have any money back then, i'm currently stuck with a 10 year old ibm thinkpad:eek:

Though i admire the fact that it still runs and works it is just painful to work on it and i really need something new.

I want a small mini pc kind of thing that does not need much energy is silent, not too expensive and serves mainly as a media station, for webbrowsing, the occasionall game (nothing that needs high graphic power) and well text editing and all those things.

I don't have much knowledge about the various components so it's very hard to figure out what i need and what makes sense

I found this one which looks good for me but am not sure which of the options would be best I like the look of it and the fact that it has usb 3 ports the price for the cheapest model is great, I'm willing to pay up to 450€ but only if it makes sense to upgrade

With pentium processor
    http://www.solo-entertainment.de/PC-SYSTEMS/Mini-Pico/Mini-PC-Mini-ITX-Nanum-Debian-SE09-tiny-elegant::781.html

A bit cheaper with a celeron instead of the pentium

http://www.solo-entertainment.de/PC-SYSTEMS/Mini-Pico/Mini-PC-Mini-ITX-Nanum-Debian-SE08-tiny-elegant::780.html

Will the celeron be enough? Does it maybe make sense to even upgrade to the i3?

More Ram or just upgrade to the faster?

Hope someone here will help with my confusion.

I have external hdd so i think a small ssd will do it

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Freddy Smelly

avoid celerons they suck

icore 3 would be more than enough for your needs

Advertisement