Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New Amon Amarth

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Was the show in Vicar Street the one they did with Bodom? That was a good show all right.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Angron wrote: »
    Was the show in Vicar Street the one they did with Bodom? That was a good show all right.
    the one with Grand Magus ;)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Ah, I wasn't at that one, Bodom one must have been the show they did here before it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

going to Bodom when they're playing in October?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,148 ✭✭✭Passenger

More of the same then.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 961 ✭✭✭TEMPLAR KNIGHT

new song is class

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Somnus

New song isn't bad, but it really is just more of the same. Nothing jumps out and grabs me in particular.

I think I just had the bar set too high with the first album I heard by them being With Oden on Our Side.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

More of the same ?

It's far more melodic than what they've done before.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Somnus

Jelle1880 wrote: »
    More of the same ?

It's far more melodic than what they've done before.

I don't really agree. It has the melodic chorus, and the bridge and solo are melodic yes, but that's nothing they haven't done on previous albums.

I don't dislike it, I just do feel like they aren't bringing much new to the table.

I just prefer the song style on Oden, their other albums aren't particularly memorable to me personally. In fact I think With Oden.. is a much more melodic album overall (and one of my favourite metal albums)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 874 ✭✭✭devildriver

The latest track released from the new album sounds really good!

http://snd.sc/11Q6uzN

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 448 ✭✭Gamayun

This received a glowing review in today's Guardian. Good to see a metal album reviewed in a mainstream paper.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

That's a damn good song

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,148 ✭✭✭Passenger

The full album is streaming here.

Advertisement