Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xtravision Sucks

Options
  • 19-04-2013 10:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭

I went into my local Xtravision store two weeks ago and preordered and paid a deposit for a new PS3 game due out today,Injustice. On page 24 of the magazine instore it has an image of the Superman Red Son special edition.I asked the staff who didn't really know about the game if they would be stocking this edition, they told me to go ask on Facebook which I did and was explicitly told yes they would be stocking this version of the game.

Last night I went into the store to pay off my game and confirm my order as stock had just been delivered only to be told the game had not arrived, to my knowledge I am the only one who preordered it in the store and all they got was the standard edition, I again went to Facebook and have just been told there now they won't be stocking the Red Son edition the image which someone had to spend a long time finding and using for false advertisement was only for illustration purposes.

I am really pissed I put my faith in these clowns to get me this game.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

Just get your money back and order what you want from somewhere else!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭Prodigious

Damn. That's a real Injustice. :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,406 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Yep, If I really wanted a game I certainly wouldn't preorder with xtravision, lesson learnt the hard way Robbingbandit. Did you get your deposit back?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Prodigious wrote: »
    Damn. That's a real Injustice. :rolleyes:

Just get your money back and order what you want from somewhere else!
    Yep, If I really wanted a game I certainly wouldn't preorder with xtravision, lesson learnt the hard way Robbingbandit. Did you get your deposit back?

No choice but Xtravision as no one else in Ireland stocked this edition, it is a really rare edition of the game with only GAME in the UK stocking it and selling out of preorders weeks ago, just a real Fcuk up on my part thinking what I saw in the magazine was what I would be getting, I will be going into the store for a refund later.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭McLoughlin

Facebook stated weeks ago they would be stocking the game but only the standard edition. The picture used in the magazine was just an image sent to Xtra Vison for advertising they didn't know till after it was printed that they wouldn't be stocking it

McLoughlin wrote: »
    Facebook stated weeks ago they would be stocking the game but only the standard edition. The picture used in the magazine was just an image sent to Xtra Vison for advertising they didn't know till after it was printed that they wouldn't be stocking it.

I was told on xtravisions Facebook page they would be stocking the one as seen in the magazine, what ever has happened someone screwed up in telling me this which sucks as I have already stated, hopefully the skins, missions and other dlc will be available on the PSN somewhere down the line,if not I will have to do without.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,406 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Facebook stated weeks ago they would be stocking the game but only the standard edition. The picture used in the magazine was just an image sent to Xtra Vison for advertising they didn't know till after it was printed that they wouldn't be stocking it

It's kinda their business to know what they're selling and to advertise appropriately...but it is xtravision.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 368 ✭✭Morph the Cat

Facebook stated weeks ago they would be stocking the game but only the standard edition.

I assume you mean Xtravision's Facebook page and not "Facebook" themselves.

The OP stated that he was specifically "told on xtravisions Facebook page they would be stocking the one as seen in the magazine".

So why don't you both post a link to said posts so we can see who is correct?
    The picture used in the magazine was just an image sent to Xtra Vison for advertising they didn't know till after it was printed that they wouldn't be stocking it
    And? They should check these things beforehand. It's their responsibility when advertising something.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭McLoughlin

On Xtra Visions facebook page on April 5th they state standard edition with no pre order bonus.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,399 ✭✭✭davetherave

Here is a person being told they would only have the standard edition at midday last Friday fortnight.

Here is, I presume, the OP asking later that day about the special edition. He gets told "we will be stocking the one inn our Xtra Mag"

Here is the magazine, picture in guestion is on page 20
    http://www.xtra-vision.ie/xtra-magazine

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 368 ✭✭Morph the Cat

Here is a person being told they would only have the standard edition at midday last Friday fortnight.

Here is, I presume, the OP asking later that day about the special edition. He gets told "we will be stocking the one inn our Xtra Mag"

Here is the magazine, picture in guestion is on page 20
    http://www.xtra-vision.ie/xtra-magazine

Good find. The OP is clearly in the right either way; but my main issue was McLoughlin trying to fob him off and getting defensive for some reason... Seems Xtravision can't even be consistent with their replies on the same day.
    But logically, the OPs reply was later than that first reply, so supersedes it in theory.

I got my refund and was told someone on the Facebook page didn't bother their arses to look at my question, it was a yes man answer, they won't be stocking the version I wanted and neither will anyone else in Ireland,I will be avoiding ordering anything from them again as it was a classless stupid mistake on both their part and mine,staff were great in the store the manager rang the stock guys to see what was going on only to be told someone used the wrong image in the mag,lesson learned.

Advertisement