Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Visa Question

• 19-04-2013 10:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭

Hi all, I realise this might have been asked 100 time but I'm in a bind so here goes.

I live in Ireland at the moment, recently I got a job with an accredited employer in Auckland. I need a Work to Residence visa. My partner is coming with me so I think we need to apply for a partnership extension visa for her.

I tried doing the application my self but I'm just not confident with all the forms that need to be completed. I'm finding information on the subject very vague, as it seems to be illegal for anyone other than a licensed adviser to give advice.

I have been in touch with a well know agency here to look after it but they wanted in excess for €3k to sort the visas for us out. I contacted another fairly well known company in the UK about it and they seemed more clued in and helpful, their fee is approx €1200 + the immigration fees for the visas, so €1500.

Does anyone know if the work to residence vias and partnership visa extension are really as complex as they seem? Or can anyone recommend a cheaper adviser?

I'm considering forking out the €1500 but it leaves me short to pay for a lot of other expenses associated with the move. I need the Visa's sorted as soon as possible too.

I appologise that turned into a bit of a rant. Anyone got any tips? Would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks guys.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,941 ✭✭✭pclancy

Well it depends...for that money that will basically just fill in the forms for you, submit your application, deal with Immigration NZ and tell you the results. All you do is furnish them with the documents they ask for. In essence these firms are offering to hold your hand and walk you through immigration instead of you doing it a alone.

But its not too hard to DIY it. You could:

1. Phone Immigration NZ directly
    2. Tell them your situation and they'll tell you EXACTLY which numbered forms to fill in.
    3. Print the forms out, sit down with a cup of tea one evening and work through them. Then gather the supporting documentation.
    4. Go through the checklist at the end of the form to make sure you have not forgotten anything
    5. Submit, sit back and wait for the to reply with either "you've sent everything we need and we'll get back to you within X months" or "you forgot to send us X please resubmit". One way of the other they will progress your application and you'll get your visa.

So you can either pay and get it done quick/simple with fewer forms, or just DIY and be prepared to potentially wait a bit longer....

The forms are not that bad, its just boring and time consuming gathering all the info. But I really think going straight to the horses mouth (Immigration NZ) to ask questions is the best way to get the right answer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 674 ✭✭✭spunkymunky

Pclancy is on the mark there.
    Id also add. Have your police report sorted. This can slow the process.

You've probably seen this page on the NZ immigration site

http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migrant/stream/work/worktemporarily/requirements/Familystream.htm

Advertisement