Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

billpay v prepay

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭Gummybear2013

donegal. wrote: »
    i'm changing to three (all my family seem to be on it so i want the free calls)
    there's two plans i'm looking at:

1 -PREPAY €20 per month http://www.three.ie/online/shop/productDetail.aspx?src=p&p=voice&pid=267&tariffType=prepay

2- BILLPAY €20.33 per month http://www.three.ie/products_services/priceplans/billpay/sim-plans.html

the first deal looks marginally better with the €50 and weekend calls.
    my question is this , Is there any advantage to being a billpay costumer?

Hi there i was wondering the same thing is bill pay better than pre pay and if so why? i know can get a upgrade each year on any phone want new ones even but after that i dont know what is great about bill phone?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Hi there i was wondering the same thing is bill pay better than pre pay and if so why? i know can get a upgrade each year on any phone want new ones even but after that i dont know what is great about bill phone?

You don't have to purchase credit perhaps, or be stuck at a point where you cant buy it.

Davy wrote: »
    You don't have to purchase credit perhaps, or be stuck at a point where you cant buy it.

That true but surely there is something better than that as bill phones can be more pricy each month and bad thing is if in a contract and you didnt have enough money to pay back you have no choice but to pay it back some how

• Registered Users Posts: 4,635 ✭✭✭donegal.

Davy wrote: »

but you can buy it online and have ayce data

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭ResearchWill

If you or family member are in business this plan is unbeatable. http://www.three.ie/business/priceplans/sim-only.html

• Advertisement

I was thinking switching bill phone but worried i will get ripped off more than i should be paying as i hear alot stories this happening ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 381 ✭✭Gorilla Rising

I'm currently in a two year contract with Vodafone - I was stupid, couldn't afford a phone at the time and needed one so go it for 'free'.

I'm on a 65e a month plan, which is a pretty good plan, but I don't really get the benefit of it.

I can change after 12 months and if I do and go on the lowest plan I'll still end up paying an average of 59e per month for two years.

I'm probably going to jump ship after a year and pay off the rest of the contract. I'm thinking of moving to three on prepaid.

Much better value and one less bill per month.

Bill pay can certainly work for many so it really comes down what you're doing and what you need it for.

If prepay is working out fine, I'd stay on it personally.

Also, there's a multitude of top up options available. I can't envisage there being a problem finding a way to top up if you're stuck.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,299 ✭✭✭Supergurrier

After having my 1st smartphone for a week now i can see prepay is where the rip off is, burned 7e credit in 15 minutes just browsing forums

• Registered Users Posts: 4,635 ✭✭✭donegal.

After having my 1st smartphone for a week now i can see prepay is where the rip off is, burned 7e credit in 15 minutes just browsing forums

whats that got to do with prepay?
    you chose a package with insufficient data, you could just as easily have done this with billpay.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Im on meteor pre pay, 20euro per month and i browse boards.ie on my phone constantly

• Advertisement
Advertisement