Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Closing a Current Account - final fees

Options
  • 19-04-2013 11:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭

Hi.

I recently closed my BOI current account and yesterday I received a final statement.  At the end I was informed of my closing balance, which would be transferred to my new account.  I noticed alongside this final balance I was charged current account fees of €38.36.  However there is no breakdown of these charges.  I had only just paid fees of €68 at the end of March and while I was expecting some fees, I did not expect them to be so high.

I called my local BOI branch yesterday morning and the person I was speaking to said they would call me back, however I still have not heard from them.  I just tried calling again but only got Voicemail.  Can anyone on here help me get a breakdown of what made up these fees of €38.36

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Laura

Hi DerryRed.

We are sorry to hear you have recently closed your account with us.

It sounds like your account was on the Pay As You Go fee category, which means each transaction on your account was charged .28cent.
    The most recent fee quarter commenced on the 15th of February, therefore it may be possible for you to breakdown these charges from the closing statement you received.

As we do not have account access here, you will need to discuss these charges with your account holding branch directly. You can find contact details for your branch here.

Hope this helps. If there is anything else we can help you with, please let us know.
    Laura

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭DerryRed

Hi DerryRed.

We are sorry to hear you have recently closed your account with us.

It sounds like your account was on the Pay As You Go fee category, which means each transaction on your account was charged .28cent.
    The most recent fee quarter commenced on the 15th of February, therefore it may be possible for you to breakdown these charges from the closing statement you received.

As we do not have account access here, you will need to discuss these charges with your account holding branch directly. You can find contact details for your branch here.

Hope this helps. If there is anything else we can help you with, please let us know.
    Laura

Thanks Laura.

€38 in fees for 2 months use of my card!!!  Exactly the reason I left BOI

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 vobyrne

Hi

Can bank of ireland explain why they have censored my comments earlier today by removing them?.  So sorry if i offended your conservative values

• Registered Users Posts: 41 smanet

I closed my account as well, as no one took time to contact me back and explain why I wasn't advised that they changed the no fees rules after few months I opened the account.The answer was: we wrote on newspapers and major channels to let our customer know that.
    Yeah sure, your customers are so important to don't advise them directly.
    No worries, I'm not anymore a customer.
    Maybe I wasn't a good one enough :)

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Niamh
    Boards.ie Community Manager

vobyrne wrote: »
    Hi

Can bank of ireland explain why they have censored my comments earlier today by removing them?.  So sorry if i offended your conservative values
    Bank of Ireland cannot censor or delete any user's comments. One of my colleagues removed your post as it was uncivil.

• Advertisement
Advertisement