Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Activating an Eircom line

Options
  • 19-04-2013 12:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,656 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

Is it possible to have an Eircom line activated, without being a customer?
    I want to get Sky broadband but, as the line in the house is not active, they can not process it.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

Hi guys,

Is it possible to have an Eircom line activated, without being a customer?
    I want to get Sky broadband but, as the line in the house is not active, they can not process it.

Hi norrie rugger ,

It used to be the process that eircom old connect all new full installations (prior to the minimum 12 month contract with eircom came into effect). Customers could connect the line / account with eircom and then transfer to another provider.

I can confirm this is no longer the case. There is a minimum 12 month contract for all new accounts / telephone lines set up.

So whichever provider you wish to connect to, have to set up the line / account. It may be a case the order has to be sent to eircom technicians by the company to install (however the account / order activation has to go through the provider the customer wishes to join.

Thanks, Mark

Advertisement