Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork Walk in Shops

Options
  • 19-04-2013 12:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭

Hi guys,

did we had a list somewhere with walk in shops?
    I don't mean now Supervalue with a few caspers.

I want to know whats in and around cork to send people there.

We should add these to the stickies where the online ones are.

thanks

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34 feckinfecker

The phone repair shop inside Paul Street Shopping center sells a few bits and bobs. Standard clearomizers and dekang liquid.

There's an electronics shop accross from Mmmad! that sells a few starter kits and a liquid made by "iBreathe" or "iVape" or something like that.

And there's a stall outside Penneys in Wilton that sells various liquids and starter kits.

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭SicklySweet

Yeah the only one i know of is the VaporPal stall in Wilton Shopping Center. 10mls for €5, which is cheaper than on their website. Going to stalk Paul Street and mmmMad later today when i'm in town :P

Went to 2 out of 3.

Wilton Shopping Center - Lots of liquid flavours, mainly various tobacco prices are:
    €5 for 10ml
    €8.50 for 25ml
    €12.50 for 30ml

Their kits are priced at around €65

The place across from mmmMad were €10 for 10ml and their kits are €30 and up

There was a queue at the phone place in Paul Street shopping center, so didn't bother with that. Hopefully the information i gave will come in handy for some fellow Corkonians interested in vaping :)

• Registered Users Posts: 18 mandferguson

Interesting, have to have a look next time i'm in the city.

There's also a woman on Tory Top Road in Ballyphehane that has a stand or something similar in Douglas Shopping Center. Just checking if she's still there

Edit: She's not, but she'd love to help anyone out :) Facebook page is https://www.facebook.com/pages/E-SMOKE-Ireland/136283459881694 she does juices and starter kits, one i know of is €35. Ask questions away, she's lovely :) I think i know who she is because i used to work in a bar close to her

Website prices are as follows: E liquid, 10ml €4, 30ml €8.50,50ml €12.00

http://www.esmokeireland.ie/index.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭wingnut32

Do these people actually look around before deciding on names:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

nonsmokernow, you should probably join the Irish Vaping FB page.

You're allowed to say whenever you get new releases, and if a person asks "Is anybody getting such and such in?" you can answer.

There are limits, so don't spam anyone or somebody'll take umbrage to it and have you kicked from the page, or if some one says "Hey, I need a new dripper, anybody got any thoughts?"
    "It's not exactly a dripper but we've got a GREEeEeEAT new clearo coming in!!!"

The line is fairly obvious, you get to make new customers across Ireland, we get to find out where your webshop is.

Was this real-life shop in Douglas Village Shopping Centre? Cos I've seen nobody in Douglas Court.

Also, be warned: we like seeing new things all the time, so the reason we tend to mention ESI.eu a lot îs because WE'RE ALLLLL PAID SHILLS!!! they keep getting new things we like in. So they get talked about.
    Same with TBS or Bargain Vapour or Vaporium.eu.

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭sept09baby

wingnut32 wrote: »
    Do these people actually look around before deciding on names:confused:

I highly doubt it is accidental

She must have incredible patience - she's been sitting on the fence long enough waiting to take advantage. The .ie address was taken but unused when I started vaping and she's only just started doing something now.

I'd say it's just ignorance, nothing malicious.

Welp, i feel like a tit now due to ESI.EU and ESI.ie having an argument on the page. Someone cover me in more shame than i feel. If P, S and M are reading this, i'm so sorry. I didn't put two and two together

• Advertisement

tumblr_mgqry7aEvk1r2wxwko1_500.gif

Best it got talked about at some point anyway, and now I can stop wondering why someone was just sitting on that site doing fûck all with it (seriously, all the time, sometimes in my sleep).

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭pogsick

There's also a woman on Tory Top Road in Ballyphehane that has a stand or something similar in Douglas Shopping Center. Just checking if she's still there

Edit: She's not, but she'd love to help anyone out :) Facebook page is https://www.facebook.com/pages/E-SMOKE-Ireland/136283459881694 she does juices and starter kits, one i know of is €35. Ask questions away, she's lovely :) I think i know who she is because i used to work in a bar close to her

Website prices are as follows: E liquid, 10ml €4, 30ml €8.50,50ml €12.00

http://www.esmokeireland.ie/index.html

Have dealt with Margaret for my mum too, she's really nice and very helpful, was able to collect the stuff today(Sunday) without issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 iwantadonkey

Are vapourpal in Ballincollig?
    They have a page on the website but no information on it.

I think the Cork fella might live that way, his stall is in Wilton shopping centre across from Penneys. Or it was there anyway, maybe he's getting a shop n Ballincollig. Ask them on FB?

• Registered Users Posts: 26 iwantadonkey

I will be going to Wilton tomorrow anyway so I will have a look.
    thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Stefan_Cork

yeah small stall across penneys. they got loads of liquids, couple starter sets, batteries, few ce4 type clearos

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭Hunter Mahan

I checked out the stall in Wilton and the phone shop on Paul Street. The one in Paul Street has a limited selection of dekang fruit flavoured ejuice and some clearos.
    The store in Wilton is a far more professional set up with a large selection of juice at various strengths. I tried some of the RY4 and it is very good. I'm not sure about their start up kits as I haven't tried them but having started out with a similar kit a long time ago I doubt anyone would go far wrong starting off with this set up. (However I did feel the saleswoman was a bit ambitious with her claims about battery life and how long a 5ml bottle would last, I was in a queue behind a newbie)
    I know it's early days and hopefully their selection and stock will increase, I was really surprised that they did not stock any cartomizers. I would have thought stainless steel boges cartos would fly off the shelf, unless I am after falling behind the latest trends, they are a must for anyone with a tank system.
    I know I would be a regular customer if they had some steel boges cartos and RY4.
    Either way I wish them the best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Evelynmc

Hi, is the place in Wilton still there? If so is it a store or just a stall? And which brand liquid is it? Also, is it good value? I can currently get 10ml for 2.50 online

• Registered Users Posts: 6 greg63

english market Lots of liquid flavours, made in Waterford http://www.healthiersmoker.ie/en/17-e-juice same as Wilton shopping centre

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

greg63 wrote: »
    english market Lots of liquid flavours, made in Waterford http://www.healthiersmoker.ie/en/17-e-juice same as Wilton shopping centre

:rolleyes: This shite again... that juice is not made in Waterford, unless there's a place in China named Waterford.

I'm not saying the juice is shite, I'm just saying whoever keeps saying it's made in Waterford is talking shite.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭dePeatrick

EGriff wrote: »
    :rolleyes: This shite again... that juice is not made in Waterford, unless there's a place in China named Waterford.

I'm not saying the juice is shite, I'm just saying whoever keeps saying it's made in Waterford is talking shite.

I called into one of their shops and the guy working in it had the cheek to tell me that not only were the liquids made in Waterford but also an Ego device he was holding in his hand which he assured me had been in constant use for three to four months and had not needed a coil replacement........am still laughing :D

Evelynmc wrote: »
    Hi, is the place in Wilton still there? If so is it a store or just a stall? And which brand liquid is it? Also, is it good value? I can currently get 10ml for 2.50 online
    It's a stall, across from Penny's. Quite expensive for tanks, batteries and wicks (€4 for a wick and Vaperus have them for 69c. Robbery :o) Anyway, as far as i remember, it was €5 for 35ml, they go up to 50ml. Sorry i can't be of help with that. Brand is Wicked ejuice. Try the Frost, it's like Double Spearmint :D

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭BeansBeans

Theres a new little shop on Mac Curtain Street. I think its called Sweeter Cigs, was just driving past unfortunately, but they have lots of bottles in the windows :p reminded me of millions of e-cig shops in France for some reason, even though its nowhere near as flashy and clinical looking.

Will have to pop in there during the weekend hopefully.

Theres another new shop in Cork. Just popped in there today.
    Its on Patrick St. across the road from Waterstones. Can't remember what its called though.

Very nice little shop but its all beginner style stuff. Egos, old style clearos. The E-liquid they stock is called iBaccy, but its Dekang rebranded. Grabbed some root beer liquid anyway. Odd stuff :p It was only €4 for the 10ml which i thought was very reasonable in a bricks and mortar.

They did have cartos, cannot remember what brand, very nice packaging, flashy branding. Asked the guy if they were rebranded Boges or Smok, he didnt have a notion what I was talking about, but will have to go back in and buy some. Would be nice to be able to get Boges in a shop.

Vaping is getting more convenient :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭efanton

Smoking now for over 20 years. Switched from John Player blue cigarettes to John player blue rolling tobacco, but am considering trying out these E-cigs as a total replacement. I have tried giving up many many times and always have failed :(
    Smoking at least a 10g packet of tobacco a day at the moment

I would like to give these e-cigs a fair chance, and am worried that buying the wrong thing would put me off them completely.
    I also would like to save a bit of money, now unemployed and 35 euro a week on tobacco is way too much.

So a couple of questions
    Is there a brand that would taste similar to a John Player?
    Is there a starter kit that someone would recommend?
    Is there a shop in Cork that will allow you to try before you buy?
    Is there a shop in Cork that anyone would recommend?
    Realistically how much a week is it going to cost considering I smoke 30+ roll ups a day?

I cannot answer all your questions, they may be better off in another thread. But....

I know that Vaporpal in Ballincollig (across from Heatons just outside the shopping centre) will allow you to try liquids before you buy, they are very helpful generally.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭efanton

Thanks for the update BeansBeans.

From their website they appear to sell a good range of -ecigs as well so will pop in and have a chat. Bit of a drive from Charleville, but if Im going to buy one I want to make sure I get good advice before I buy.

Yeah, the only two worth mentioning in Cork are VapourPal and The Stop Smoking Shop (what a name) which is across the river from the bus station.

The ones on Patrick St and North Main St haven't a notion what they're on about/selling.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

efanton wrote: »
    Smoking now for over 20 years. Switched from John Player blue cigarettes to John player blue rolling tobacco, but am considering trying out these E-cigs as a total replacement. I have tried giving up many many times and always have failed :(
    Smoking at least a 10g packet of tobacco a day at the moment

I would like to give these e-cigs a fair chance, and am worried that buying the wrong thing would put me off them completely.
    I also would like to save a bit of money, now unemployed and 35 euro a week on tobacco is way too much.

So a couple of questions
    Is there a brand that would taste similar to a John Player?
    Is there a starter kit that someone would recommend?
    Is there a shop in Cork that will allow you to try before you buy?
    Is there a shop in Cork that anyone would recommend?
    Realistically how much a week is it going to cost considering I smoke 30+ roll ups a day?

Similar enough to me

Shop in wilton have testers out there, so you try before you buy.

I used to smoke rollies also I was given "USA mix"
    30 ml bottle costs 12 euro out there but you can buy 100mls online for 14.99.Bargain vapor is the site based in Cork I think.

http://www.bargainvapour.com/The_100ml_sale!/cat1274300_1558093.aspx

They charge up to 60 euro in the shops for a starter kit, they can be bought on ebay for half that inc postage

http://www.ebay.ie/sch/i.html?_sacat=0&_from=R40&_nkw=ego+k+starter+kit&LH_PrefLoc=2&_arm=1&_armm=63&_ruu=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.ie%2Fsch%2Fi.html%3F_sacat%3D0%26_from%3DR40%26_nkw%3Dego%2Bk%2Bstarter%2Bkit%26_arr%3D1

Good luck these work for me so hopefully you will stop 2.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

Shanygchef wrote: »
    There's a new ecigwizard shop in blackpool. Good amount of stuff. And tasty e liquid as well.

You should state that you work there .

Advertisement