Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PFA Nominations

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

THFC wrote: »
    Add Alaba, Coentrao and Marcelo to that list.

In defensive terms, I'd have Baines over Alaba and possibly Coentrao. He has an awful habit of making really, really stupid tackles.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,580 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Liam O wrote: »
    Really? Coentrao has proved himself in some really big games, alright Baines hasn't really had that opportunity but Baines lacks the pure pace to be a real top level full back imo. His great technique goes some way to making up for it obviously but compared to some of the other notable full backs he doesn't get up and down the line quickly enough imo.

I'd have Coentrao over Marcelo and Alaba in that position.
    I guess the issue is more in where we rate Coentrao rather than where we rate Baines. I'd have Marcelo and Alaba over Coentrao. I think Coentrao's biggest strength lies in his versatility rather than being a master of his best position.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

CSF wrote: »
    Jordi Alba is streets ahead of Baines.

Hard to tell when you are comparing clubs that retain 45% possession vs. 60%.

Alba is not the best defensively and he's no form at set pieces.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Luis has to win it. Anyone else is a ****en disgrace

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,235 ✭✭✭ceegee

Its a joke of an award, and treated as such by many of the players voting. I remember hearing an ex Irish international (Kilbane I think) commenting on the radio how elhe used to pick Lee Carsley each year, and lads having competitions to see who could pick the ugliest team

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

niallo27 wrote: »

RVP winning it would hardly be a disgrace to be fair!

It's a coin flip between Suarez and RVP for me with Mata and Carrick being not far off. Bale would be fifth for me. But that's just me.

In the end, what I say doesn't matter as Bale will win surely.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭Optimalprimerib

But thats your 2 team premier league tunnel vision kicking in: liverpool vs everyone else. Bale, RVP and mata certainly deserve a shout for this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Here Precious2

Suarez won't win it..the welsh messi is a shoe in

Advertisement