Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Supermacs: Staff picked food off the floor and tried to serve me

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

I'm still trying to figure out what the OP's exact problem is? S/HE didn't purchase the items in question because s/he felt that being on the floor in a box wasn't safe, s/he was given his/her money back. What's the consumer issue?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭jordainius

I'm still trying to figure out what the OP's exact problem is? S/HE didn't purchase the items in question because s/he felt that being on the floor in a box wasn't safe, s/he was given his/her money back. What's the consumer issue?

Quite obviously; the OP is referring to the questionable hygeine standards of this particular Supermacs outlet he/she visited. It is an understandable reaction for a customer to be somewhat unpleased if a restaurant attempts to serve said customer food that has been on a floor (regardless of whether or not the food was in a box), therein lies the (rather obvious) consumer issue.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭the culture of deference

jordainius wrote: »
    Quite obviously; the OP is referring to the questionable hygeine standards of this particular Supermacs outlet he/she visited. It is an understandable reaction for a customer to be somewhat unpleased if a restaurant attempts to serve said customer food that has been on a floor (regardless of whether or not the food was in a box), therein lies the (rather obvious) consumer issue.

This exactly.

Are you the manager of a supermac's store by any chance. A business that serves food to the public needs to have some level of training with basic hygiene

The manager on the night wanted to know what the issue was as I had received a refund. She stood in front of me looking confused as to why I hadn't just left. The manager in their head office wanted to know what the issue was as I had received a refund. They seemed to be oblivious to any issues of serving customers food from the floor.

The box was the 5 strips meal, thats what was on the ground for at least 3 minutes with 4 or 5 staff walking around it, directly infront of the main fryer, it must have fallen off when they were getting the order ready. The staff member picked it up and handed it to another staff and they moved to the side and bagged it and then put that bag into my bag, one of the supervisor s watched them and the 3 were talking.

The shop is laid out like this one, you can see the fryer behind the pillar on the right.

143.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭D3sperado

During college I worked in the bar of a 4 star hotel collecting glasses etc. The place did a great trade in sandwiches, especially during the weekends if there was football on the tv.

I was working one sunday afternoon and a couple of people had rang in sick so i was helping out behind the bar rather than just clearing glasses. A couple of sandwich orders came in and i offered to make them, off i went to the kitchen area, washed my hands and asked some of the other barmen where the box of disposible gloves were. They all started laughing and looking at me like I was crazy, including the bar manager who also there :rolleyes:

I subsequently found out that not only did the majority of bar staff there not use gloves while making sandwiches they usually didn't even bother washing their hands :eek: It still makes me sick thinking about it even now....

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

This isn't meant to be a thread of recollections. I think it has ran its course.

dudara

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement