Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

black and decker electrical drill

Options
  • 19-04-2013 3:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26

so my electric drill just broke on me, its a black and decker, its not an electrical fault because the motor runs fine. the drill bit spins fine until i put pressure on it and it stops spining even tho the motor is clearly going.

i had a wee look, i dont no the terminology so i wont explain, but if i put a normal washer in it i think itll work, but i dont know if you have to use special spec washers in eletrical equiptment.

basically is it safe to use normal metal washers inside an electrical drill?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26 zman17

the problem is the gears are not connecting properly. i dont know why. the only other wear i see is the cooling fan is not as thick, its been worn down abit through the years

anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭Slick50

zman17 wrote: »
    the problem is the gears are not connecting properly. i dont know why. the only other wear i see is the cooling fan is not as thick, its been worn down abit through the years
    The gears are worn, even the fan is worn. It sounds like you've got your monies worth out of this one, time to invest in something new. IMO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭Gary Busey

it will be grand. do what you can to get it working. if it works then great, if not then fire it in the bin.

yea its over 10years old. never had to change the brushes or anything, striped it down already so i think its goodbye drill

• Advertisement
Advertisement